Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G53Sw fails to turn on after RAM Upgrade

I bought Corsair Vegenace DDR3 1600MHz 16GB (4x4GB). I removed factory installed memory from hidden Slot1 and installed the rest. I connected everything (I used YouTube to disassembly + assembly - EASY). I connected everything with any sign of problem. I turned my G53 back and pooof. Doens't work :/ Lights on/off - P4G - ROG - CAPS LOCK - NUM LOCK and POWER buttons are lighting. And that's basically it. I found out that removing baterry and pressing PWR button for 2 mins will clear BIOS settings but it didn't work. Also I tried to reflash BIOS but it doesn't work neither (CD just spins and nothing more is happening - burned AMIBOOT.ROM to DVD).
    Any clues what to do? I have also SSD for it and now everything is lying around and I don't have any idea what to do :/

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well the problem obviously seems to be the ram. So take all the sticks out and then check stick by stick if they work only putting in 1 at the time.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
    Well the problem obviously seems to be the ram. So take all the sticks out and then check stick by stick if they work only putting in 1 at the time.
    Well I tried that, I tried old stick. Now doesn't matter what I do it's still the same problem :/

So you took them all out and put the old one back in and it still boots with a black screen?
    Does it seem like windows is loading in the background and the screen stays black? Like if you press the power button, does it turn off after a simple press or do you have to hold it for some time?
    It might just be a loose connection somewhere. I would disassemble it and put it back together with great care, making sure you connect everything in the right way. For the moment I don't know what else you could do. I don't think a hardware defect could arise just from taking it apart. Have you had any problems before this?

ROG Member Array

So you took them all out and put the old one back in and it still boots with a black screen?
    Does it seem like windows is loading in the background and the screen stays black? Like if you press the power button, does it turn off after a simple press or do you have to hold it for some time?
    It might just be a loose connection somewhere. I would disassemble it and put it back together with great care, making sure you connect everything in the right way. For the moment I don't know what else you could do. I don't think a hardware defect could arise just from taking it apart. Have you had any problems before this?
    I've done it 4 times now (disassemble with great care). And I still got that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhxEE...e_gdata_player kind of thing

It never does POST so i'm f****d
    Last edited by mars83; 06-24-2012 at 05:07 PM.

I'm sorry for you. I have the same laptop and never had a problem after taking it apart. I've no idea how something could break because of a disassembly unless you slipped and hit something with your screwdriver. You didn't have any problems before that? Have you tried to put the factory ram in a different slot?
    Also you said you tried to flash the bios, did you actually get to do it? That can screw everything up if it fails.

ROG Member Array

I'm sorry for you. I have the same laptop and never had a problem after taking it apart. I've no idea how something could break because of a disassembly unless you slipped and hit something with your screwdriver. You didn't have any problems before that? Have you tried to put the factory ram in a different slot?
    Also you said you tried to flash the bios, did you actually get to do it? That can screw everything up if it fails.
    I was very careful. My screwdriver never slipped. And it never happened before. When it failed I tried to put it to slot under keyboard and that didn't work also :/ I'm going with RMA tomorrow

My rma took 5 weeks, hopefully yours will be quicker.
    Good luck!

ROG Member Array

My rma took 5 weeks, hopefully yours will be quicker.
    Good luck!
    Well I hope it will take less than 4 weeks. But I read that Irish/English (UK) support isn't good so I'm praying LOL

Btw. Should I include 4 sticks + old stick, or just old stick?

I would only include the stick that came with the laptop. If they see that you tried an upgrade, they might claim that it is your fault.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast