cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my new Xonar

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
So I have been using my Xonar of almost a week now and had minor issues until the weekend arrived. Over the course of the weekend I have some youtube videos randomly having no sound while others do, I was unable to play Magicka while Ventrilo was set to use my headphones and my computer was set to use my speakers. I get random spikes of interference when tabbing in and out of games and the ENC feature makes me sound like a robot. I have seen none of these issues with my previous Creative X-FI Titanium so hopefully someone can help me out with this.
5 REPLIES 5

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Ok after going through your troubleshooting guide my issue has gotten worse. I now can only have sound to one program at a time. If I am watching a youtube video and I start running a game SC2 for instance only one will have sound.

xeromist
Any chance you have a system restore point from before the problems started?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Probably not. I had no issues until the Phoebus was installed. I have tracked most of my issues to the dolby software included. After disabling that multiple applications can use my sound at once, is this a known issue or something unique to me because it seems rather stupid design for sound to be locked to one application at a time wouldn't you agree?

tboo72
Level 7
I have the dolby software enabled and have had no problems with youtube

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
I don't have any issues with youtube with it enabled either. However if I am watching a youtube video and try to run a game my game will have no sound. And vice versa if I try to watch a youtube video while playing a game my youtube video will have no sound. Skype is unable to detect my audio device if I change it's output outside of a call. And if I am on Ventrilo and change my output device nothing else can access it.

Note that when I make these changes to my output it is not through the Windows Utility but rather through the programs themselves the Windows Default sound devices never change.