cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Xpander

Retired
Not applicable
ROG Xpander is used to run 4 way SLI on the Rampage III Extreme. WHY does the Rampage III Extreme not support 4 way SLI you ask? Well to run 4 way SLI, you are required to use 2 Nvidia NF200 chips, which would make the board about $100 more expensive. 99% of the users out there do not even use 4 way SLI. For single ->TRI SLI users, having a NF200 CHIP can reduce your performance. THUS why we decide to make the Rampage III Extreme Cheaper and FASTER! For the 1% out there that need 4 way SLI to overclock, the Xpander is a win win solution! This will not fit in a standard case. Unless you are a case modder and plan to make a case for it, it is targeted for extreme overclockers and benchers.

10 REPLIES 10

martin_metal_88
Level 8
would this work with other brand board that have the same PCI-e layout???That would be damn nice to sell these little baby to more people no?
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

in theory you would just need to install drivers for the additional NF200 chips and run the 4way GPU drivers and any dual 16x PCIe motherboard with the same physical spacing should work.

V2-V3 wrote:
in theory you would just need to install drivers for the additional NF200 chips and run the 4way GPU drivers and any dual 16x PCIe motherboard with the same physical spacing should work.

That would be nice, not only for the possibility but also for the expension. Like having more PCI-e for raid card and such. Could be nice in server IMO.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

V2-V3
Level 8
I just helped DangerDen get their ROG Expander working on 4-Way SLI with 4x ASUS GTX 480's Liquid Cooled.

The board would not post unless the 860 BIOS version was flashed using USB Bios Flash Back.

after the BIOS update the system performed beautifully!!!!

it looks like the ROG expander will be isolated to working with specif motherboard that have BIOS support for the expander 😞

All I want to know is where can I buy an ROG Xpander??
I've called Asus of America and they can't help me as the product doesn't appear to be for sale in the US or Canada 😞
Anyone know? Thanx in advance if you can help out 😉

claydough
Level 7
still waiting?
Anyone have an international reseller link that will ship anywhere?

Retired
Not applicable
12 months on, WHERE IS MY ROG XPANDER

Retired
Not applicable
I'd like one as well

claydough
Level 7
Thought that with patience the xpander would have been made available in the US by now. Did I miss the news?
Please anyone "in the know" message me with the sales contact info that will result in a purchase please. REIII