cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I flashed my BIOS and now can’t turn on my G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
Hi

I wanted to update my Vbios and had read that it was recommended to have 209 as BIOS. My BIOS was 206, so I downloaded the 209 from Asus support and used EasyFlash from the BIOS to update.

After flashing the computer it turned off and now I can´t get it running. No power at all!

What to do? 😞
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Have you tried removing the battery and unplugging the power?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Yes.

The light bulb only flicks very short and no signs of power at all.

xeromist
Probably a bad flash then. It's rare but it happens. Is it under warranty?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I need help tooooo......I've just tried to update my bios from 209 to 213 using in bios Ez flash and a usb drive formatted to fat 32.
in the process the laptop is bricked. it wouldn't post the bios at all.
when i push the power button all the blue lights , light up. i.e power, twinturbo, display mode, stealth mode, num lock, caplock (lights only)... keyboards lights do not light up.... fans are powered on, hardrive dvd is also powered on.... charging light lights up... and that's it.....i've tried taking out the battery, resetting through pin hole... no avail. my G73 is bricked and out of warranty ... what should I do?

Retired
Not applicable
I've just tried to update my bios from 209 to 213 using in bios Ez flash and a usb drive formatted to fat 32.
in the process the laptop is bricked. it wouldn't post the bios at all.
when i push the power button all the blue lights , light up. i.e power, twinturbo, display mode, stealth mode, num lock, caplock (lights only)... keyboards lights do not light up.... fans are powered on, hardrive dvd is also powered on.... charging light lights up... and that's it.....i've tried taking out the battery, resetting through pin hole... no avail. my G73 is bricked and out of warranty ... what should I do?
Is there any way to "crisis recovery" ?

I am in the same boat. I sent it in for repair even though they said it wouldn't be covered under warranty. I have heard the horror stories about bricked machines, but having flashed hundreds of Asus mobos over the last 15 years, this is the first time I have actually witnessed it. Of course, it was my personal machine.
Laptop
Fully functioning G73JH-A1

Bike
2002 Ducati 998

Retired
Not applicable
Throw that outside the window =D

69_Goat
Level 7
If I'm not mistaken, Easyflash in the bios is used to update the motherboard bios, not the vbios.

To update the vbios, you need to use ATIFlash for ATI graphics cards, or NVFlash for Nvidia graphics cards.

I looked through the tutorials posted in the forums, and didn't see any mention of Easyflash.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

Retired
Not applicable
Never got my machine to run myself. Did RMA it to ASUS and got it home today. Got a new MB and BIOS is now 211.

Sounds like the fans is running at full speed now. Very noisy!