Not applicable

20 REPLIES 20

ottoyu34
Level 9
I spot a new feature "GameFirst" ?

looks very nice.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Actually looking to get one, this board is really nice looking!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I've not spotted the shiney X-fi chip on the board like the current Crosshair IV has, will this remain a feature?

Is there an estimated release date?

I've not been a fan of Asus for around 2yrs since all the hastle I had, but looking to go AMD for a change and willing to give Asus another go. The board was great, but the GPU's reliability and RMA service were pathetic.

Just going to get extended coverage with my e-tailer this time cause if it breaks, I'm not going through the suffering again.

Really hoping this board turns my opinion around.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
There is no X-fi chip on this board since a external sound card wiull probably be included in the package.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I would have thought so normally but the Crosshair IV has the X-Fi chip fitted onto the motherboard, and since this board is showing on board audio, but no sign of the chip, I wondered if it'd been left out

martin_metal_88
Level 8
So we have 2 choice then.

1 : the chip is under the huge mobo cooler.
2: The chip is the ITE made on just in front of the PCI-e port
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

ottoyu34
Level 9
I'm not surprised for the board only has standard HD audio.
Since it's built for overclocking and Lucid hydra multi-GPU technology.
we can see clearly there isn't much room left for more components on the board.
I got to admit Asus engineers have done great job improving mobo layout in the latest boards, before was just barely enough.

Retired
Not applicable
It's found on the left hand side of the Crosshair IV - had a silver badge initially.

More interested in the Lucid Hydra tbh - loving the look of 3x-way 16x speeds

Just wouldn't want to lose speed by having to add a better soundcard 😞

martin_metal_88
Level 8
The pic you posted is a Crosshair 4 formula which is not the same regarding the extreme. I make the same mistake yesterday to XD
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!