cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Bios Update 204 -> 213

Retired
Not applicable
Just buy Asus G73JH with 204 bios, I want update bios to 213. Using the Asus bios update utility (ASUS EZ Flash) would it be safe to update the bios or is there a risk to it?
14 REPLIES 14

Retired
Not applicable
Stuntman667 wrote:
Just buy Asus G73JH with 204 bios, I want update bios to 213. Using the Asus bios update utility (ASUS EZ Flash) would it be safe to update the bios or is there a risk to it?

I have been following threads on this model for about 1 year. A small % do have problems. Precautions need to be taken such as using a flash drive that is formatted fat 32, turn off keyborad light, and make sure AC power is connected. This thread may be worth reading before you do it:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/486047-g73jh-bios-update-step-step-newbie...

Chastity
Level 10
Throw the ROM file onto a USB stick formatted to FAT32 and you'll be good
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
Throw the ROM file onto a USB stick formatted to FAT32 and you'll be good

hey i'm a total nub when it comes to pc... so if u don't mind can you please tell me how to check to know what bios version my G73JH Asus laptop has?

Also, I have been having the same problem as ppl have mentioned with my HD5870 when it comes to playing BF3 --> play for a bit then vertical lines appear and everything freezes. So is that b/c i need to update to the vBios u posted?

Appreciate ur help,

Cheers

Sphynx wrote:
hey i'm a total nub when it comes to pc... so if u don't mind can you please tell me how to check to know what bios version my G73JH Asus laptop has?

Also, I have been having the same problem as ppl have mentioned with my HD5870 when it comes to playing BF3 --> play for a bit then vertical lines appear and everything freezes. So is that b/c i need to update to the vBios u posted?

Appreciate ur help,

Cheers

Hey just saw this post, though I might as well bump and add my two cents. Anyways, I flashed the BIOS so I could play BF3. Not too many issues on my side for a while, all was well. A month later I find out my OS was corrupted, the machine would just not boot right. Not sure if vBIOS update was a contributor but other than that I had no problems. ASUSRoG did a youtube video a little while back that shows you how to update through a flash drive. While I'm bumping, saw some posts about the latest BIOS update and possibly having to go 206/209 then 213? Can anyone confirm this, any problems with 213?

Retired
Not applicable
I suggest to first flash to 209 then to 213.
I read somewhere that this intermediate bios version is recommended.
Good luck.

Chastity
Level 10
Nonsense... just go straight to the latest, and reset to defaults.

Retired
Not applicable
Do I have to install vBIOS after installing BIOS 213 ?

Retired
Not applicable
Do you have to no, but if you have the ATI 5870
and want to use the latest drivers (From AMD/ATI) for your card yes you have to update VBIOS first.
Another huge advantage is much improved battery life and the ability to overclock. I am very glad I used one of the VBIOS files provided by chastity, then modded her's slightly with even lower battery clocks. (If you do this don't try to watch you tube videos on battery - black screen or worse may happen)

Chastity
Level 10
Well, patch the BIOS first, then the vBIOS 🙂