cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 screen flicker (dark backgrounds and low brightness)

Rayearth
Level 7
Hi,

I bought today the Asus G75VW and noticed the same problem that occurs in the previous gaming series G74.
The screen still flicks more or less when displaying dark background and the brightness is set to lower than maximum.

In the thread below concerning the same problem in G74 laptop series I found a solution which apparently is confirmed to work in many other Asus laptops. In short, what I need to do is to disable the Intel DPST (Display Power Saving Technology) in the power savings plan supplied by the Asus Power4Gear Hybrid software.

Unfortunately this option is not present under the section Asus P4G Power Setting in my power plan. There's only "Hide Gadget" and "Battery Saving Desktop". I already tried to remove the factory Asus Power4Gear Hybrid and install the version from Asus Support, but still this option isn't there.

Do any1 of you have it in his power settings plan on G75 series laptop? How can I make it appear in my settings?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brig...
Asus ROG G75VW-T1141V-8
Intel Core-i7 3610QM, 8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD
BIOS v210
23 REPLIES 23

MPelissari
Level 7
I had that issue too in my G75, but since my fresh windows installation, i haven't install the Power4Gear Hybrid Software at all since i use some difirent options on the high performance profile, and everytime that i did a single change after the reboot it keeps saying that it had to change it back to default settings... so now that i don't have it installed... no problem at all...
ASUS G75VW-TS72 Bios 207- Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHz, 16GB DDR3, 128 SSD + 750GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M.

But do you encounter screen flicks after clean Windows installation and without Power4Gear Hybrid Software?
Asus ROG G75VW-T1141V-8
BIOS v210

dstrakele
Level 14
1) The latest NVIDIA 304.48 BETA driver has resolved the "flickering horizontal lines" issue for several users.

2) Creating an NVIDIA Custom Resolution with a Refresh Rate of 67 Hz or 75 Hz in the NVIDIA Control Panel as discussed by @ny2lond has resolved this issue for others. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brig... for details.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
1) The latest NVIDIA 304.48 BETA driver has resolved the "flickering horizontal lines" issue for several users.

2) Creating an NVIDIA Custom Resolution with a Refresh Rate of 67 Hz or 75 Hz in the NVIDIA Control Panel as discussed by @ny2lond has resolved this issue for others. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5536-Asus-G74-screen-flicker-(dark-backgrounds-and-low-brig... for details.

Thanks, will try this at home.
Asus ROG G75VW-T1141V-8
BIOS v210

I just this laptop today, and I now have this flickering problem, I tried all the suggestions in here and in the G74 flickering Post, none of them worked, I found that if I lower the screen MHz from 120mhz to 60mhz that the flickering seems to disappear from desktop. However I tried out a game "just Cause 2" and the screen flickering started happening there too. I installed the lastest Nvidia beta 301.48 drivers and it didn't help.

If anyone has further suggestion on how to remove this problem pleas post it.

lt_cmdr_data@hotmail.com wrote:
I just this laptop today, and I now have this flickering problem, I tried all the suggestions in here and in the G74 flickering Post, none of them worked, I found that if I lower the screen MHz from 120mhz to 60mhz that the flickering seems to disappear from desktop. However I tried out a game "just Cause 2" and the screen flickering started happening there too. I installed the lastest Nvidia beta 301.48 drivers and it didn't help.

If anyone has further suggestion on how to remove this problem pleas post it.

Hi I'm running the exact machine as you have all be it i changed the primary drive to an SSD. My screen is Ok, but I'm running 304.79 Beta.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:
Hi I'm running the exact machine as you have all be it i changed the primary drive to an SSD. My screen is Ok, but I'm running 304.79 Beta.

If you look in the topic posted above on solution keep reading it down a post or 2. The solution there works,. i had a flicker problem too but it worked after the adjustments.

da_nikon
Level 7
Sorry for digging this old thread, but i have a problem.

I'm a owner or G75VX since Monday. My panel is CMO1720 and i am experiencing the screen flickering issue. I have tried the custom refresh rate of 67Hz but with no/very little effect. I have tried also to max the brightness from the button combo and then to manipulate the picture from nVidia panel (brightness + contrast) but still getting flickering.

Please G75 owners, help me! The worse flickering i see is on this website http://livescore.com

Is there any recent nvidia drivers that fix this flickering issue or some new workaround this very annoying problem? 😞

im using latest nvidia drivers from nvidia website with modded ini file. 310.90 (and im on windows 7 64bit)

gokica
Level 10