cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75v

vpitcher07
Level 7
Hey guys, just purchased the G75v laptop and have to say i am thoroughly impressed. I can run BF3 everything maxed and get playable framerates (except when there is major action). I'm usually playing with the laptop plugged in. However, when i unplug the laptop, the framerate drops to unplayable rates and then goes back up a few seconds later. It continues to do this cycle until I plug the laptop back in. I figured it had to do with the power management cutting my GPU/CPU performance to save battery however this is not the case. Anyone else having this problem? Is there any way I can fix it?
4 REPLIES 4

vpitcher07
Level 7
Sorry forgot to add what model. This is the 670m model with 3GB video ram. 12 gig ram.

Arniebomba
Level 9
With the G73jh i could change the settings of the laptop plugged and unplugged. Maybe your unplugged settings are set to "low" to save battery life.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
vpitcher07 wrote:
Hey guys, just purchased the G75v laptop and have to say i am thoroughly impressed. I can run BF3 everything maxed and get playable framerates (except when there is major action). I'm usually playing with the laptop plugged in. However, when i unplug the laptop, the framerate drops to unplayable rates and then goes back up a few seconds later. It continues to do this cycle until I plug the laptop back in. I figured it had to do with the power management cutting my GPU/CPU performance to save battery however this is not the case. Anyone else having this problem? Is there any way I can fix it?

If I remember correctly the NVIDIA 5xx and 6XX series will auto down clock the GPU when the laptop is not on AC. There's no way to change this as it was engineered to be a safeguard.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

grungeboy2
Level 10
you burn up your battery a little by discharging it at a high rate like that.

it's best to use it plugged in when you're running a game that taxes the GPU like that.