Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array n3tninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daveconway18 View Post
    Just like everyone else, i had the same problem. First time the pin broke, and i didn't even know it until i read this forum. Sent it in, got it fixed. 1 month later it broke again, and i was VERY careful. The pin came out inside the charger tip! Sent it in, got it fixed. Finally they put a new hex shaped one in. So while they were in there monkeying around, they broke the blue tooth. Sent it back in, and you know the story. I'm ready to take this thing and chuck it out the window. Shame too, as it's a nice laptop and performs well. I keep my laptop on a flat table now, with something always supporting the power tip so there is no stress on it at all.

If anyone knows a better fix, please share. My warranty is up in a few weeks, and I'm sure it will break the next day. I'm not sure who has more hours logged on this machine...me....or Asus repair. By the way, my room mate bought a lesser model Asus laptop at the same time and it has worked fine since day one.
    Erm yeah, please keep it on a flat table. You really don't want the wire hanging down from the side and if you do want it like that I'd suggest a washer.
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray
    Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

New ROGer Array

My Laptop doesn't turn on after dc plug repair :(

Hello Everyone, I have a Problem , a few weeks before, I had to repair the power plug from my asus g53jw when I Finished and then connect the power cord, automatically the laptop seems to turn on, The leds on the right above of the keyboard turns on, the fans turn on for a moment but the screen continue black. I don't know what to do .

the technical support recomend to Change the chip of the Bios (hardware)
    I can't continue bleeding money, I need to apply for the right solution.

Plz I need your help ASAP

RMA it again. No question there, if they broke it they fix it.

New ROGer Array

Wow... Ok, so I've had my G53 for a little over a year now and my pin has broken 3 times. I've had to send it in for repairs 5 times with various little problems but right now this is overshadowing them all. With the warranty expiring in less than a year I'm really worried about the fate of my laptop. I just got it back from the repair center TWO WEEKS ago and its already swtiching from AC Mode to Battery Mode rapidly for no reason. This is insane. I was an exchange for a different model or a refund but I no that's not going to happen. I just think it's rediculous that I pretty much rented a laptop for two years for $1600 that's going to break the day after warranty.

Anyway, I want to send it in and get the new pin but I'm afraid I'll receive it back with the same old POS one. I was thinking if I could buy that pin somewhere I could send it in with the laptop to make sure they use that one? I don't know it sounds like something that is against policy but at this point I'm grasping at straws. I've tried the L adapter, and all it did was extend the lifespan of the pin a few months.

New ROGer Array

i have a G53SW and the power connector pin broke for the second time yesterday. I brought in back to the asus service center and the guy told me that a revision has been made to the motherboard with a stronger power jack and also they are now replacing the power supply by a L shape jack. Finger cross, hope it will be better

Quote Originally Posted by Cabanaman View Post
    Wow... Ok, so I've had my G53 for a little over a year now and my pin has broken 3 times. I've had to send it in for repairs 5 times with various little problems but right now this is overshadowing them all. With the warranty expiring in less than a year I'm really worried about the fate of my laptop. I just got it back from the repair center TWO WEEKS ago and its already swtiching from AC Mode to Battery Mode rapidly for no reason. This is insane. I was an exchange for a different model or a refund but I no that's not going to happen. I just think it's rediculous that I pretty much rented a laptop for two years for $1600 that's going to break the day after warranty.

Anyway, I want to send it in and get the new pin but I'm afraid I'll receive it back with the same old POS one. I was thinking if I could buy that pin somewhere I could send it in with the laptop to make sure they use that one? I don't know it sounds like something that is against policy but at this point I'm grasping at straws. I've tried the L adapter, and all it did was extend the lifespan of the pin a few months.
    That's pretty much the way ASUS works. According to the warranty G53 users are entitled to a full refund or exchange to a model that doesn't have this ridiculous fault, but ASUS will run you around forever if you mention it. Some people have had ASUS detain their laptops for months as they 'assess if it is eligible' or other bull****.

You aren't the first or last person who is being ****ed by ASUS, they just don't care about their customers. Every now and then someone asks if we should start a class action suit, if someone wants to organise it I'm on board.

I don't think they will fit custom parts for you.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cabanaman View Post

I feel for you! Having that warranty run down and getting worried about your box is tough. If you've been unsatisfied with the work they've done previous times, why not buy the jack and take your laptop to you local computer repair shop for them to soder and install? If your warranty is expiring soon anyway, you don't really lose anything by that. You'll certainly get better customer service and have more control over what parts are installed considering you will be supplying them. Thoughts?
    ASUS RoG G53JW

New ROGer Array

G53 charging pin broke

seems to me that this is a problem with alot of customers, ive had the same problem and when i contacted asus about my warranty and getting it repaired they said the costs would be minimum of 278 dollars to upwards of 600 and that is under warranty apparently, so i am just wondering if anyone has incurred these costs as well and if yours was covered for the same problem at a much lower cost by asus could you please email or fwd me the RMA number so i can give them a reference and feel like i am not being taken advantage of, the whole process of dealing with asus has been very frusturating and extremely unhelpful, so please i am asking for some help and if anyone has had a much diffeerent expierence with asus support, please let me know how you handled it

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If ASUS is telling you it will cost $278 to $600+, they are NOT covering it under Warranty.

Is your laptop still under Warranty? If so, from what I've read in other posts (even in this thread), this issue IS typically covered under Warranty with no cost to the customer. I recommend you PM cl-scott in this forum and request assistance with your RMA.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Sometimes ASUS will swap your 2 year (or more) warranty to a 1 year warranty, so be careful. In that case you should tell them they can't just randomly swap your warranty.
    They may also tell you that you broke it so they won't cover it, in which case you tell them that the issue is very common and is a design fault and using cheap materials/labour.

ASUS support will try and take advantage of you at every opportunity, you have to make them aware that you know their little tricks.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast