Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Well after almost exactly a year, this pin broke again on my G53SW. Called asus and said it was still under warranty, generated the RMA and getting ready to send it in.

I get the feeling they are going to say this isn't covered and it was CID (since my 1 year accidental expired last week). Has anyone faced this before? With ASUS trying to say this was accidental and were you successful in getting them to cover it under the hardware warranty?

Also, I'm VERY tempted to replace the connector if it comes back with the original. I'm pretty comfortable with soldering & welding.. Anyone know where I can order the hex design that I've been seeing people get upgraded to?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

I'll let you all know how it turns out. *Keeping my fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by JR_12 View Post
    Well after almost exactly a year, this pin broke again on my G53SW. Called asus and said it was still under warranty, generated the RMA and getting ready to send it in.

I get the feeling they are going to say this isn't covered and it was CID (since my 1 year accidental expired last week). Has anyone faced this before? With ASUS trying to say this was accidental and were you successful in getting them to cover it under the hardware warranty?

Also, I'm VERY tempted to replace the connector if it comes back with the original. I'm pretty comfortable with soldering & welding.. Anyone know where I can order the hex design that I've been seeing people get upgraded to?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

I'll let you all know how it turns out. *Keeping my fingers crossed*
    For what its worth, I checked my laptop and found out that I have the hexagonal design, which would explain why I have been having so much luck with it. Honestly, if you choose to replace it yourself, then just get a heavier-duty connector online. If ASUS gives you trouble, PM @cl-scott about it. ASUS knows about the issue, and generally people have been having good service, but that still isn't as nice as perfect computers, lol.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

Same issue with me....

I live in India..and my chargin pin in motherboard section broke a few days back...It took the service center guys 4 days to reply saying that this is not under my global warranty..They can do nothing about the pin itself being weak....And they said they will charge me INR 12000/- i.e around $ 220..What do i do guys..they say that such a service(as in USA..being replaced free of cost) is not availabe in India.Some 3rd party guys are ready to replace it in INR 3500/- ...but that will void my warranty i think.Lots of my friends bought an ASUS laptop cause i recommendedd it to them...I will never do that any more....

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    I live in India..and my chargin pin in motherboard section broke a few days back...It took the service center guys 4 days to reply saying that this is not under my global warranty..They can do nothing about the pin itself being weak....And they said they will charge me INR 12000/- i.e around $ 220..What do i do guys..they say that such a service(as in USA..being replaced free of cost) is not availabe in India.Some 3rd party guys are ready to replace it in INR 3500/- ...but that will void my warranty i think.Lots of my friends bought an ASUS laptop cause i recommendedd it to them...I will never do that any more....
    The India repair personnel are likely trying to cost you money. If you have a global warranty, then you might have to get it sent out to USA, but it should be covered.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!

New ROGer Array

This is what is happening now to me.Anyone thinks this is fair.

I bought through Ebay from USA.Everything worked fine until one day my display went out..for no reason.But the display again worked fine the next day on wards and never troubled me until I went back to my college and it started troubling me again.Then after a few days there were dead pixels on my laptop's screen.So when i went back home, I went to a service center around 150 KM (100 miles) from my house and they said replacing the screen will fix all the issues I was facing; but it didn't. And I had to return back to college with the issue of display as i had little time to get it fixed.

Now After having the laptop for less than a year, one day, out of no where the charging pin came out from the socket along with the jack when i pulled the charging jack out.When i checked the Asus ROG forums I found out hundreds of people having the same issue.Even their jack broke of and that ASUS USA was replacing the motherboard under warranty as this was the manufacturing defect as the jack was too thin and delicate.But these guys in India are charging me INR 12000 ($220) for this.Also they say the display is motherboard issue.Then i must be having the motherboard replaced under warranty itself as this issue was reported by me long back..but they never replaced my motherboard.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array n3tninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    For what its worth, I checked my laptop and found out that I have the hexagonal design, which would explain why I have been having so much luck with it. Honestly, if you choose to replace it yourself, then just get a heavier-duty connector online. If ASUS gives you trouble, PM @cl-scott about it. ASUS knows about the issue, and generally people have been having good service, but that still isn't as nice as perfect computers, lol.
    Same here.
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray
    Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

Quote Originally Posted by nad/eem View Post
    Your best bet is to send it to ASUS middle east and try if it can get fixed under warranty. If you have anyone in either Saudi or Dubai that could help you out, that would be pretty cool.
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray

FPS GAMER.

Why wouldn't they fix it? If you have a global warranty then it will cover it.

ASUS always try to weasel their way out, it definitely is covered.

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    I bought through Ebay from USA.Everything worked fine until one day my display went out..for no reason.But the display again worked fine the next day on wards and never troubled me until I went back to my college and it started troubling me again.Then after a few days there were dead pixels on my laptop's screen.So when i went back home, I went to a service center around 150 KM (100 miles) from my house and they said replacing the screen will fix all the issues I was facing; but it didn't. And I had to return back to college with the issue of display as i had little time to get it fixed.

Now After having the laptop for less than a year, one day, out of no where the charging pin came out from the socket along with the jack when i pulled the charging jack out.When i checked the Asus ROG forums I found out hundreds of people having the same issue.Even their jack broke of and that ASUS USA was replacing the motherboard under warranty as this was the manufacturing defect as the jack was too thin and delicate.But these guys in India are charging me INR 12000 ($220) for this.Also they say the display is motherboard issue.Then i must be having the motherboard replaced under warranty itself as this issue was reported by me long back..but they never replaced my motherboard.
    Its pretty bull**** that ASUS in India is trying to dodge the RMA. I suggest you ask cl-scott or one of the ASUS guys here to have a word with your nearest service centre.

As a side note, you should've gotten your motherboard replaced, you might've just gotten the hexi pin.
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray

FPS GAMER.

Quote Originally Posted by n3tninja View Post
    Same here.
    Glad you finally got to know that! I was just too lazy (posting on the forums and whatnot) to turn off the computer and carefully examine it. Finally, I had the computer off and unplugged and remembered to check. Yours looks like it has slight edges around the round?

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast