Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array n3tninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Glad you finally got to know that! I was just too lazy (posting on the forums and whatnot) to turn off the computer and carefully examine it. Finally, I had the computer off and unplugged and remembered to check. Yours looks like it has slight edges around the round?
    Yup yup !!
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray
    Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

ROG Member Array

Update

Sorry for the delay on this, been busy!

But the good news is that Asus completely repaired this with no hassle under the 2 year warranty (not the accidental warranty). They didn't use the hex pin that some people seem to have, but it's definitely a bulkier pin in there now. So other than the shipping costs (insurance also) and the 10 days I was without the computer - this actually went pretty smooth.

It's awesome that ASUS has such a long warranty - but still a shame we have to call it for things that shouldn't even be issues.

Mine went to the Milpitas center (In California) so hopefully that helps anyone who's facing this problem again. Glad that I still have this comp, but I will not buy another ASUS.

Isn't a 2 year warranty on electronics required by law in the US?

/me not an international law scholar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    Isn't a 2 year warranty on electronics required by law in the US?

/me not an international law scholar
    I'd highly doubt it. Most consumer laptops I know of are 1 year warranty. We have (or we're supposed to have) a free-market economy, so companies can set their warranty policies, but consumers set the prices by the things and way that they buy.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    I'd highly doubt it. Most consumer laptops I know of are 1 year warranty. We have (or we're supposed to have) a free-market economy, so companies can set their warranty policies, but consumers set the prices by the things and way that they buy.
    Ah capitalism.

Great if you want to sell things, not good for consumers huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    Ah capitalism.

Great if you want to sell things, not good for consumers huh.
    Actually better in the long run...we get better products at a lower cost. Companies that make things cheap and unreliable are relegated to low-profit-margin budget products. Companies that get everything right at a slightly higher cost and then innovate make a ton of money that they can then invest in something else innovative. And before anyone thinks it, I'm not talking about Apple. Steve Woz said that MS is more innovative with their Slate than Apple is with the iPad.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!

More like a string of half-working products with bad warranty and quality followed up by a string of promises to fix it in the next release.

EDIT: I guess it's good for people willing to buy new products every few months. I don't have 3k to burn every 3 months on a new laptop, but I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy capitalism because of that...

I'll stick with the cheaper better quality more reliable older gear.

New ROGer Array

Unfortunately my G53sx just had this exact same issue as everyone is describing, pin broke off last night inside my power cable. Was just sitting on the couch using my laptop like normal...

I called ASUS support last night and they are supposed to be getting back to me today on my warranty claim (i'm 12 days shy of my one year purchase anniversary on this laptop, when i gave them my serial number they told me it was out of warranty but i emailed them a copy of my purchase receipt from Tiger Direct so I hope i don't get grief on it). Terrible timing as i'm about to go on Christmas holidays and i need to do remote support for the next couple weeks. I wish i had known about this issue before i decided on purchasing one of these laptops...

@garumba, if anything weird happens, contact @cl-scott and he should be able to help you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    I bought through Ebay from USA.Everything worked fine until one day my display went out..for no reason.But the display again worked fine the next day on wards and never troubled me until I went back to my college and it started troubling me again.Then after a few days there were dead pixels on my laptop's screen.So when i went back home, I went to a service center around 150 KM (100 miles) from my house and they said replacing the screen will fix all the issues I was facing; but it didn't. And I had to return back to college with the issue of display as i had little time to get it fixed.

Now After having the laptop for less than a year, one day, out of no where the charging pin came out from the socket along with the jack when i pulled the charging jack out.When i checked the Asus ROG forums I found out hundreds of people having the same issue.Even their jack broke of and that ASUS USA was replacing the motherboard under warranty as this was the manufacturing defect as the jack was too thin and delicate.But these guys in India are charging me INR 12000 ($220) for this.Also they say the display is motherboard issue.Then i must be having the motherboard replaced under warranty itself as this issue was reported by me long back..but they never replaced my motherboard.

Nadeem where you reside?Did you went to Neoteric Service center to check for your issue?my pin was replaced under warranty by them in Hyderabad.Just tell them to refer to this thread in the website.Or if you are in some other city ask that Neoteric to call up Hyderabad Neoteric and talk to Mr. Pradeep.He is the chief tech here in hyderabad.

Anvancy

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast