Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by garumba View Post
    So after not getting back to me until today, they asked for another copy of my receipt in PDF form so it could be attached to the RMA request, I complied with the request by just saving my email receipt to PDF and forwarding it on. Unfortunately I received an email back from ASUS Product Support informing me my laptop is now out of warranty and if I want it fixed it will have to be under a "Out of Warranty RMA". I'm a little confused as my RMA ticket was opened on Dec.18th/2012 and my purchase date (with proof) was on Dec.26th/2011 and they are claiming it has been over a year. I'm currently trying to get a hold of the ASUS Product support reps to try and sort this out... i'll keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Well some good news, after replying to the email asking for clarification and calling the support line (then escalating to a manager as the first line refused to help me further claiming the "Head Office" has made a decision) the manager at first gave the same information as the front-line staff but when i persisted with the fact i had copies of both my purchase receipt and my FedEx delivery receipt to the ASUS repair centre I was told that my laptop would be fixed under warranty. I then received an email confirmation from the original thread that I had sent my receipt under. As well today I just got a notification that my laptop has been repaired and has been shipped today. Hurray! I'll reply when the laptop arrives and I've re-installed my hard-drives to make sure everything works correctly.

Thanks,
    Jeff

ROG Guru: White Belt Array n3tninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Yes, definitely something to consider if you or someone you know is really handy with a soldering gun. The power connector pin is pretty fragile unless you have the newer hexagonal pin design. For some reason, the hexagon pins aren't breaking.
    Damn straight ! :3
    Asus G53sw-A1
    Intel i7 2630qm
    Memory 8 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
    Windows 7 Premium
    1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
    4x Blu-Ray
    Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

ROG Member Array

G53sw owner here. The pin broke off in the AC adapter as described during the warranty period. After arguing that it wasn't damaged determined that I had the accidental coverage (Why I need to prove that to them is beyond me) so it was repaired by replacing the mobo. During that repair they damaged my battery. Sent it back for that. Since then, even after a factory recovery I cannot put the unit into standby. It will stutter and freeze after coming out of standby, whether using shore power or not. Not a big deal as I don't want the unit to keep going back for repair. I bought it to use it after all.
    Yesterday it started to randomly go to the battery. Looks like the pin is failing again. Sigh.

It's too bad. I've been an ASUS customer for a long time and done many builds with their boards. I can't recommend anyone use their hardware anymore. Companies should do the right thing by their customers. That's what makes good companies.

I'll be ordering a dc jack from someone else and having a friend do some soldering work. So sorry for all of the people that bought lemons that don't have that opportunity.

LMAO at the ASUS poster here belittling the problems and saying "Mine isn't broken!" and suggesting you buy a third party power adapter and L connector and installing washers. Are you kidding me? For a $1200 laptop? If you were in the same situation you'd be furious.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by apalenschat View Post
    LMAO at the ASUS poster here belittling the problems and saying "Mine isn't broken!" and suggesting you buy a third party power adapter and L connector and installing washers. Are you kidding me? For a $1200 laptop? If you were in the same situation you'd be furious.
    While I agree that its a problem with the design and that the AC power connector is way too large on the cord at the connection point, they are giving you a work around which you are choosing to ignore. They cant magically fix your cord and somehow make the connection smaller. Its really the only solution you have. Its either that or keep dealing with the broken pins. I also purchased an L connector for less then $3 on amazon as soon as I saw one was available and have never had an issue with the power pin. Just sayin.
    (ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... )
    MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
    RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

ROG Member Array

I'll pass on the purple cool-aid thank you. Having worked as a customer service professional in a previous career incarnation I can say I have an idea what proper service is, and what I see in this thread doesn't remotely qualify. You of course are entitled to your own opinion. I can't however agree with it.
    I re-read my post and failed to find where I demanded a "magical" fix. Those are your words. I asked that they acknowledge the problem and take care of their customers. If you think that's what is happening with this problem, then in my opinion you are sadly mistaken.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by apalenschat View Post
    I'll pass on the purple cool-aid thank you. Having worked as a customer service professional in a previous career incarnation I can say I have an idea what proper service is, and what I see in this thread doesn't remotely qualify. You of course are entitled to your own opinion. I can't however agree with it.
    I re-read my post and failed to find where I demanded a "magical" fix. Those are your words. I asked that they acknowledge the problem and take care of their customers. If you think that's what is happening with this problem, then in my opinion you are sadly mistaken.
    I dont have any Kool-Aid. Just common sense here.

So you would like them to acknowledge the problem and do what? Repair your laptop an infinite amount of times? They have already done it once.

When I first bought my laptop it took me maybe 5mins to browse these forums and find a solution which I thought may be a problem in the future being the huge power plug on the AC adapter that hung out the side. I paid $3 and the problem was resolved. There is very minimal strain on the plug with the L connector as others have stated.

But you ignore that fact. Good luck in your quest of repairing the laptop. Im sure it will break again if you choose to be stubborn and ignore the use of a $3 adapter.

You come to the forums to vent and ignore the advise that people here have given you. I dont know why you post at all.
    (ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... )
    MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
    RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Guys, let's keep it nice! No sense in flaming. It seems that some people have different views on what constitutes good customer service or not, and that's perfectly OK. Let's all be polite when we explain things.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

Question

So after a few months of looking for a new laptop I decided on getting a asus. I was looking to get a G75 but came across a G53sx on ebay that had a broken power pin for cheap. So I started searching for a write up on how or if it could be replaced. I came across a few wrights up and a few YouTube videos on how to replace the power port it looks like a really easy fix. I thought to my self that it was to good of a deal to pass up, so I bought the laptop today and it should be in next wednesday. That said I wish I had joined this forum before I bought it. It looks like this is a very common and reoccurring problem that may not have a permanent solutions other then possible jt128 fix. I have already ordered a new power port, but if I can replace the port with a better alternative that will have a less likely chance of braking I'm willing to give it a try. So has anyone tried the jt128 fix? Or has anyone come up with another alternative that would possibly work better. Such as replacing the power port and charger type with a stronger port? I was also thinking that if I can not find a better alternative.That instead of drilling in to the side of my laptop, use the existing hole as I will have to remove the stock power port to replace it. I will gladly take any advice on finding a more permanent solutions to this problem.

I think you made the right choice Jarrod.

It is an easy fix - if you don't mind voiding the warranty. Since you are buying it already broken, you can assume it's already out of warranty.

Replacing the port is no big deal, and it will fix the problem.

ROG Member Array

Thanks! And its out of warranty as far as I know, not that it matters as I think I'm going to try the jt128 fix, unless someone has a better solution. If not the jt128 fix is reversible and will be easy to go back to stock if needed.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast