cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Asus Quality Problems

theo1771
Level 7
A couple of years ago we bought an expensive Asus G71 gamer notebook and the screen was defect and went to repair and now it's already too slow for gaming.

Now we - unfortunately - have bought an expensive new G75VW, got it today - and it is not it is not working properly so we have to go through the complaining mill again!

Obviously Asus do not have sufficient quality control programs.

:mad:
14 REPLIES 14

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Where did you buy it from and why don't you just return/exchange it?

john_from_ohio wrote:
Where did you buy it from and why don't you just return/exchange it?

In Denmark it is not that simple - yet in this country this computer costs 2.600 dollar.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
An actual explanation of your problems would be handy...there are many members on here who can help you with just about all the ins and outs of your brand new G75. John who posted above me, being one of them 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
An actual explanation of your problems would be handy...there are many members on here who can help you with just about all the ins and outs of your brand new G75. John who posted above me, being one of them 🙂

Yes thanks Myk - it lags/freezes for a short while, while playing and meanwhile it gives a little noise as e.g. the harddisc make a little noise - it's hard to explain. But it does it frequently.

theo1771 wrote:
In Denmark it is not that simple - yet in this country this computer costs 2.600 dollar.

That makes no difference, all I am saying is. There are many people here who can help you sort out your problems, all you have to do is give us the information about what is happening and you will get some help. plain and simple 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
That makes no difference, all I am saying is. There are many people here who can help you sort out your problems, all you have to do is give us the information about what is happening and you will get some help. plain and simple 🙂

Yes, tanks - I tied to explain the problem above ...:)

chrsplmr
Level 18
theo1771..Welcome to ROGasusForum.

Your vast experience limits your evidentuary weight perhaps.
What proof do you offer as evidence to such a Grand Title?

So if I am to understand your thesis, you opened it, turned
it on, loaded a game and it lags, Thread? Correct?
Perfect.
You have discovered what you 'have'. ROG
This is where you 'tweak'/'tune' it to 'Your' Game.

Most online gaming and gaming issues, in my limited view,
lag is from network traffic from all the bloat/important running
programs, ect. and other non-game related issues.
A quick trip to Run>Msconfig>StartUp is a great place
to start.
The Hdrive sound, I can not speak of specifically,
however, mechanical drives ... ect ..
If you want silent, you can always go SSD's.

And Finally .. G71. I agree with you completly. Shame
on Asus for being behind generations in the future.
My fondest hope is that That is mission one.
I believe it has to be.
The G75, by 'most' reviews should be able to keep
up for quite some time. Maybe.
We accept all challenges of 'More'.

With all due respect, I think you threw your hands up
in the air in surrender .. way to soon.
Here? Surrender ? hahhaha WELCOME TO ROG.

What Game? ect.
We will help you ROG that G any way you want,
but your title ... hahah ... needs a little work friend.c.

What Game? ect.
We will help you ROG that G any way you want,
but your title ... hahah ... needs a little work friend.c.

Thank you for your kind answer.

I have played League of Legends, Starcraft II and it also lag/freezes in Youtube.

I write serious product problems because of the G71 which I had to get the screen replaced - and now this ...

[QUOTE=theo1771;122796}Thank you for your kind answer.

Look around the forum and read thru some of the longer threads ... you will see many common problems already identified and answered.

Look thru my thread on "What to do first" ...

Mcaffee first and for some akamai net session interface seem to be related to many lags and often changing out fixes.

Look around and read thru what is already available. Do some google searches if you must ... they probably will lead back here to postings.