cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got my new G75VW but i have a few questions

Destroyer99
Level 7
So i just got my G75 and set it all up. But i have a few questions now.

1. I downloaded Furmark but what settings should i use? and what test option should i use to test the GPU?

2. I Ordered the 256 Samsung 830 SSD, when i get it how do i make it the as the windows boot drive? My guess was to install the drive, change boot order to DVD-SSD-HDD but since i dont have a windows cd how i do it?

3. Any other ways to test my laptop to make sure everything is working?

4. How do i update the Asus Recovery tool?
15 REPLIES 15

ForCeV
Level 10
1. You can use default settings on furmark. There should be 3 different options, and I just recommend you to do 15minutes settings on furmark( you will see what I m saying.)
2. You need to download windows7 Home Premium sp1 MSDN version, and burn to usb or DVD(You may have a issues of fail load driver because of USB3.0 Port if you burn OS to USB.) . After you did all, you can install to ssd as a primary partition.

1. try to check usb port and DVD/Blue-ray burner.
2. Test openning the notepad, and type all key that is working 100%.
3. Check Display setting from lower resolution to native resolution(maximum).
3-1. CHeck display any bright dot or dead pix on your screen.
4. Try to run your default program that is working 100% fine.
5. go to control panel and see device manager to check no exclamation mark.
6. Check Sound Test that is working 100% especially subwoofer.

4. You won't able to use Asus Recovery tool because your factory recovery settings on hard disk has been deleted by seller of tester.
(In my case) If you customize your hard disk whether add HDD or sub HDD, then yours has been deleted by them, so you can't use it)

I have a windows 7 home premium 64 bit windows CD which it came with i bought my Custom PC 2 years ago.

I dont know if it has SP1 on it though so how do i check?

So will this work?

Destroyer99 wrote:
I have a windows 7 home premium 64 bit windows CD which it came with i bought my Custom PC 2 years ago.

I dont know if it has SP1 on it though so how do i check?

So will this work?

Needs to be the OEM version.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Needs to be the OEM version.

It says OEM software on the sticker thing where it also has the product key on the disc case.

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Destroyer99 wrote:
So i just got my G75 and set it all up. But i have a few questions now.

2. I Ordered the 256 Samsung 830 SSD, when i get it how do i make it the as the windows boot drive? My guess was to install the drive, change boot order to DVD-SSD-HDD but since i dont have a windows cd how i do it?

3. Any other ways to test my laptop to make sure everything is working?

4. How do i update the Asus Recovery tool?

Locate yourself here please G75-G55-IMPORTANT-USEFUL-THREADS first:

Take a look at my posting "What to do first" ... follow those steps ... to update the asus Recovery Utility you go to the asus support site and find your system G75VW and then download and install the latest version of Asus Recovery Utility.

Then burn yourself a set of Recovery DVD ...

When ready pull out your current install hard drive ( or drives if 2 ) and put only your Samsung SSD inside. Follow Cecils guide on Step by Step Recovery of the G75 ... which will use your recovery DVD's to re-install everything factory fresh on your SSD.

Then you need to follow my steps again and uninstall live update as you have a fresh system ... it will be using your windows 7 Home Premium key from the G75VW but can be upgraded to a different version of windows by Live Update.

Then test test test your system running on the SSD ( and maybe resize patitions and/or delete recovery partition on SSD ). Eventually if you want to you can put original hard drive back inside internally as a data drive.

John_from_ohio, how to burn a recovery DVD?? I think he has problem because his recovery partition isn't exist on his hard drive...
sometimes, seller delete a factory default setting files after they tested a laptop.

ForCeV wrote:
John_from_ohio, how to burn a recovery DVD?? I think he has problem because his recovery partition isn't exist on his hard drive...

The OP has not said anything about that as far as I can see ... at least in this thread ...

Thanks for that guide, wanted to try it but sadly looks like my SSD will be delayed until Monday (hopefully it comes sooner).

But another question, once i am done with the SSD and its my boot drive. What would be the best way to delete everything on the HDD? Should i just right click it under my computer and click format?

Destroyer99 wrote:
But another question, once i am done with the SSD and its my boot drive. What would be the best way to delete everything on the HDD? Should i just right click it under my computer and click format?

Once you have updated AI Recovery to the latest version (should be 1.0.24) from this link here:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388

and burned your Recovery DVDs using AI Recovery,

and successfully set up your SSD using my guide,

and confirmed that the SSD is working fine as the Boot Drive,

install your old HDD to the open drive bay and do the following to format it out:

Click Start button, right click "Computer", click "Manage".
Under left pane of window, under "Storage", click "Disk Management".
Delete all the volumes on the old HDD and then create a new partition.

Or you can use a separate partition management sofware to delete all the partitions on the old HDD and set up a new partition.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55