cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V - Problem related with Sound and Image

chidorï
Level 7
Hi everyone, how are you?

I just bought a new Asus G75, well since my G73 died they gave a credit to buy a new one and i bought the G75V. I allready had it replaced by a new one since the first one had the same problem as this one. I can't really specify the problem, its related with image and sound. Once in a while the image breaks for like 3-4 secs and something happens with the sound also, it's gets blurred. This happens when im playing any kinda of game ( diablo III, World of warcraft, League of Legends ) and even browsing trhow the internet. The computer is brand new, its 1 day old. Im really getting pissed with asus, already replaced the first g75 and i think it will happen the same to this one. Does anyone know what is causing this? how can i fix it? I also get an error about some sound dll missing when trying to play Magic the gathering....

Thanks for reading,

cumpz chidori.
11 REPLIES 11

dstrakele
Level 14
Do you have McAfee Antivirus installed? If so, uninstall it and choose a different Antivirus product.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

thanks for the quick reply, you think i might cause it?

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14960-G75VW-random-audio-and-graphics-spike&p=106744&viewfu... and read to the end of the thread.

The "Magic -The Gathering" issue you report sounds like a borked installation. I'd try uninstalling -REBOOT - redownload - reinstall. I'd also Google the exact text of the error to search for a resolution.

Thanks for the link, i read abit. I'm going to test it, i will leave some feedback, this shoulnt happen on a brand new PC i guess.... 😐 thanks

dstrakele
Level 14
It's a software issue, that has nothing to do with the age of the laptop.. The G75 can come configured with a number of different Antivirus products. McAfee happens to have a conflict with another driver in another piece of software installed on the laptop. I suspect it may be one of the ASUS Bloatware apps. We don't know which one, but it's likely if you uninstalled it, McAfee would work fine. I'd like to hear if there are any G75 users who've done a clean Windows 7 install and are running McAfee without issue.

dstrakele, I have not done a clean windows install, pretty much have left most stuff alone with the exception of uninstalling some bloatware and Asus live update. I'm using McAfee, mainly because i already had a subscription on my desktop and so i was able to just keep it on the laptop for free. Anyway, I have not had any issues with using McAfee in my laptop.
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

dstrakele
Level 14
That's interesting ! It would also be interesting to know exactly which Bloatware apps you uninstalled. These would be the suspects that may conflict with McAfee, causing the video and Audio issues. ASUS Live Update or Instant On would be my guess if I had to choose.

You are running the same McAfee version as the trial included on G75 systems, correct?

Yes I am, just let it run it's automatic updates. I did not uninstall instant on, just live update.
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

dstrakele
Level 14
Did you uninstall any other Bloatware apps?

It would be interesting to see if a G75 user reporting intermittent video and audio issues and running the McAfee trial, could resolve those issues by uninstalling ASUS Live Update rather than McAfee.

It would also be interesting to see if allowing McAfee to update would resolve the issue without uninstalling anything...