cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53 SW Bricked itself?

Vantharas84
Level 7
So I was just useing my G53SW, I was upstairs at my friends house, he mentioned getting a new TV so I showed him some TV's.
(I've had this laptop less then 48 hours)

Well we got done looking, I closed the laptop. Walked into my home turn the laptop on.. And... Nothing. It turns on, I can hear the fans spin. But its not booting. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong with this thing.

The battery light was orange so I left it charging. When it turned green.. I hit the power button.. and still nothing. All I get is a power light.

All that happens is when I turn the laptop on, the LED Keyboard lights up. The HDD light flash's a few times. Both the LED keyboard and HDD lights turn off, and... nothing just the power light is on and the green light indicator for the battery.
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Poorly-seated RAM or GPU (or dead GPU) can prevent a system startup.

Did you try unplugging, removing battery and all peripiherals, holding down the Power On button for 30 seconds, plug in and Start? This is sometimes a temporary fix for such an issue.

Disassembly and reseating may provide a more permanent resolution.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Poorly-seated RAM or GPU (or dead GPU) can prevent a system startup.

Did you try unplugging, removing battery and all peripiherals, holding down the Power On button for 30 seconds, plug in and Start? This is sometimes a temporary fix for such an issue.

Disassembly and reseating may provide a more permanent resolution.

While I didn't try this resolution, after turning it on and off for an hour it finally just turned on. Although I will remember this for the future. I take it your guess is something is lose somewhere?

Vantharas84
Level 7
Well something is lose somewhere between the monitor and GPU. Has to be, its booting up and everything. So back to Asus it goes.