cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53SW a few recent problems

Morpheus1
Level 7
Recently I've had 3 issues. I was able to fix one. I still have 2 more.

1. The computer never went above 80 degree C when I used it even when under a lot of load playing Batman or The Witcher. Now all of a sudden it reached 85 and I even had it up to 98 but that was because I had a stuffed animal from the kids blocking the vent while I was on the bed and did not realize it. Is there any way to easily clean out the fans or anything else I can do?

2. All 3 2.0 USB ports will not work. I can only use my mouse in the front right port. I assume that's the 3.0 port. Any ideas on what I can do to fix? I tried downloading the USB driver from ASUS already. If something is plugged into the ports they get power BUT I never see them recognized by the laptop. It did not do this before so either something broke inside, it's a software problem, or the ports are screwed. I have no idea what to do on this one and I've already sent my laptop in under warranty. I'd hate to have to do it again.
12 REPLIES 12

Thx1138
Level 7
@1: So, what were the temps after you removed the stuffed animal?
G72GX__ GeForce GTX 260M__ 6GB RAM__ Intel Core 2 Dou CPU p8700 @2.52GHz

The temps went back down to 86 C

Thx1138 wrote:
@1: So, what were the temps after you removed the stuffed animal?

Does the Stuffed Animal increase your gaming performance ?
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

Well..... the kids stuffed doggie is red......so he helps gaming performance a little because he keeps me in a bad mood so I'm more aggressive.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks, I still need help with the USB ports!

have you tried uninstalling and re installing the usb drivers ? what does it show in device manager for the usb ports ? does it have the yellow icon or does it said hardware not found ?
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300

I already tried reinstalling the driver, no luck.

Morpheus1 wrote:
I already tried reinstalling the driver, no luck.

what about in device manager do you get some kind of error ?
G74SX-BBK8
i7 2670QM
16GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GTX 560M 2GB
120GB KINGSTON HYPER X SSD
INTEL CENTRINO ULTIMATE-N 6300

ok, so if I uninstall the program completely both USB ports on the right side of the computer function......so the question now is is if the hardware on the left side for the USB ports is bad/broken OR if it's somehow turned off or disconnected? I'll try to reinstall the software and see what happens.