cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus Question and an answer

Hagge
Level 7
Hey!

I bought Phoebus for about 5 days ago, and as soon as I installed it I tried it out. I played Ghost recon for about 30 minutes before the first crash game, the sound went in loop and then I waited for about 5 minutes before I could see my desktop and close the Ghostrecon.exe. I got dissapointed and removed the card, then I missed the great sound details so I checked this website and maybe found a solution.

I then started from scratch, uninstalled my Realtek audio software, which I forgot the last time, then I moved my GPU to my middle PCI-Ex16 slot, and it covered my 3rd PCI-Ex16. I have a Asus Sabertooth x58 so I got dual x16 PCI-E Slots, no need to panic there:)

After that I installed my Phoebus on the first PCI-Ex16 slot, and the gap between the GPU and sound card got huge, so thast was good. I removed the original cooler from my GPU and bought a Artic cooler, so its huge, and If I have the GPU on the first PCIx16 slot, I wont have the second PCI-Ex16 slot, and the idea was to try the sound card on a x16 slot.

So The soundcard on the first slot, then the GPU on the second slot, and it works great. I'm running a single GPU so I dont need to have my Primary GPU on the first slot since, it becomes Primary what so ever, I dont even think you need to have the GPU on the first slot even if your running SLI/CF, I can be wrong. You could use the second and the 3rd slot, but that not the case here...The case is that after I uninstalled Realtek Audio software, disabled the onboard audio from BIOS and reinstalled Phoebus, which is now my only Audio software on the computer, with the phoebus running on a x16 slot...I thanks to "RAJA" came around the crashes. I havent tried changing the settings on the software to EX or anything like that...I just choose the Gaming profile in Dolby and played BF3, for about 2 hours without any lagg/FPS drops..The sound was amazing:) Im using the Phoebus with a Steelseries 7h headset and it's sick:)

I will keep this post updated if I run into a crash, besides that, It would be good with a driver, cause i'm playing, ready to poop my pants, by the thought of a crash..

My question anyways..When I talk in skype, and listen to music or something, why do my friends hear my music? They can hear the music like they was listening 😞 Any settings for that, im searching but havent found any:/ I turned of the Mic boost but they can still hear everything:/

"EDIT" Worked like a charm for some hours, then again, crash:/ I tried playing a bit with EX and stuff, turning it on and off, still it crashed..so I've been playing for about 6 hours and it crashed twice..I can say this, Asus, your on the right track, but you really need to fix those drivers, besides that...people who have CF or SLI might not have room for a soundcard on a x16 slot..
2 REPLIES 2

mauserkk98
Level 7
HI hagge ,

I spent 6 weeks playing with my pc ,might have a driver fix next week . 😉

mauserkk98 wrote:
HI hagge ,

I spent 6 weeks playing with my pc ,might have a driver fix next week . 😉

Thanks for the open hands, I guess 😛

Ye, hope so, cause my ghost recon also crashed...the x16 slot PCI-E helped a bit...the places it would normalt crash got fps dropped for 1-2 sec..instead of a crash..but sooner or later it crashed:(

The only game i can play now is League of legends, EvE online and SMITE beta..I dont dare to try something more:/