Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    New ROGer Array

Dozens of people here having sound noise problems. (only read 2 pages, sorry :P) All connected to the graphics cards and the place in the pc of it (same brand; ASUS)

I had the same issue. Driving a friend of mine insane by the chopper sound coming out of my pc by teamspeak. Always ragequiting cause of the noise :P.

Reading here (today I just went to google to see if anybody had solutions for the problem) I saw an ignored remark about painting nail polish on pc components.
    Ignored?
    Well....not by me! (I like silly. Often the silly hold all the wisdom :P)
    My brain was like: AHA! Airborn Interfering unwanted transmition thingee!! Insulating the guilty party by smart dude!

Reading further more about distance between GTX cards and the rest of the pc only strengthened my believes one should not have overlooked the nailpolish solution. But I had another gettho solution.....
    These crappy antistatic bags you get with every pc component! They JAM interference!

Nothing to lose, and glory to gain!

So I jammed a folded jamming bag into my pc (all the way to the back between little components to be sure it shielded all!), shielding the GTX card from the rest of the pc, and asked on ts to my friend if he stilled heared the warchopper sound.
    .....IT WAS GONE!!!

''Victory for Sylvanas!!''

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nieuw 051.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	56749

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nieuw 050.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	56750

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array hiong PC Specs
    hiong PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus Strix 1080
    Sound CardAsus Strix Raid DLX
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseLian Li PC-V2120X
    Power SupplySuper Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Beyerdynamic T1
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Quintet
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

i don't see any Asus component in your system...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

You can short something with that in there, if i`m not mistaking that bag can conduct electricity, also you don`t have a Phoebus inside or anything else. Till now i find the fix with removing the metal bracket from the sound card the best.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    You can short something with that in there, if i`m not mistaking that bag can conduct electricity, also you don`t have a Phoebus inside or anything else. Till now i find the fix with removing the metal bracket from the sound card the best.
    Ohm meter gave me 1.000 at 1/2 mm distance and less.
    So 100% current resistance. Shorting impossible.
    Where did you get the info/idea it (a protecting bag for fragile electronics transport) would attract (made possible) unwanted current flow on the way to the customer (or even in the factory)?
    Why would anybody make a bag like that for this PC stuff? :P

But you go with your solution. I know mine works.

Only thing left to banktest is warmth holding/absorbing abilities, and maybe needing warmth bouncing sheets. (white or reflecting -yes, I understand the metal thing :P-)

ROG Member Array

I had the same noise problem with my Strix RAID Pro card and in the end it turned out that the screw holding the bracket in place was too tight.

Loosened the screw just a bit and the noise went away.

To further combat the issue, I removed the metal bracket from the sound card and used some Plasti-Dip spray to insulate the metal bracket from the case.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14