cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN keys not working?

awarsoca
Level 7
Hi all. Trying to figure out why the Fn + F3 and Fn + F4 aren't working. I get a popup for all of the other Fn + keys but the backlighting ones are not doing anything. Thoughts?

Thanks

Clint
Clint

~idiot savant~

(c;
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Backlight problems are usually caused by a corrupted ATK install or a physically disconnected light. You should first try reinstalling the ATK package but if that doesn't do anything then you might have a disconnected wire under the keyboard.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hmm I did two clean installs so I am guessing it might be a disconnect. Is there a guide somewhere on how to check/fix that?
Thanks
Clint

~idiot savant~

(c;

xeromist
It varies depending on model and I'm not sure which one you have off the top of my head. I would look for a disassembly guide on Youtube for your model. The important thing with the keyboard is not to pull anything forcefully as the ribbon cables are delicate. You don't want to damage the keyboard connector!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Mike_Schommer
Level 7
awarsoca wrote:
Hi all. Trying to figure out why the Fn + F3 and Fn + F4 aren't working. I get a popup for all of the other Fn + keys but the backlighting ones are not doing anything. Thoughts?

Thanks

Clint

I had that problem and the solution was to click on the ATK HControl.exe. I have the trouble once in awhile so I made a shortcut on the desktop that I just have to click on to get everything back. The HControl.exe is located here
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControl.exe"
Good Luck