cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3 HDMI PVR HELP! G74SX/G73 - Black magic INTENSITY SHUTTLE

Jelly_Man12
Level 7
Hello Everyone!

I have Finally recieved My Black magic HD PVR from America today (Im all the way down in tassie) and it all looks Very nice shiny i must say,.. but it dosent Work... BA-BOW! 😞

I was led to beleive it would work on ANY PC with USB 3 with an x58 type board (i assumed my G74 would work)
and that is simply not the case for my G74SX, long story short ive been at the computer doing my head in for hours now wondering why i cannot get it woking... (windows does detect the device) however the capture software wont detect it

HOWEVER! the device works fawlessly on a G73 laptop and i want to know why? why would it would work on an older machine and not on my G74SX? if i stand to be corrected they both use the FL1000 series Fresco Logic USB 3 HOST CONTROLLER, but the capture card wont work and they have somehow found a way to get it to work on the g74 any suggestions?

The Installation Manual Of the PVR wants me to check if the computer has the NEC host controller chip -answer is no

I downloaded the RENESAS USB 3.0 Host Controller drivers and the driver installs but the firmware wont and when i use the utility to see if it installed and is working properly is says Host Controller NOT Found SO is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

any help, tips, advice will be Greatly appreciated thankyou for reading
12 REPLIES 12

dstrakele
Level 14
Step 1 is to install the correct drivers for your hardware. Install the latest Fresco Logic USB 3.0 drivers and the AsPatch that is part of the installation file set.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

yep downloaed latest drivers and patched it

dstrakele
Level 14
Step 2 is to confirm your Black Magic Intensity Shuttle is recognized by Windows. Does it show up in Device Manager? If you right-click on it and choose "Properties", does it indicate it is functioning correctly in the General tab?

no it does not show up in the device manager checked under usb devices ect, when i plug the device into the usb3 port windows does not play the sound when you plug device in, it does however when i plug it into a usb 2 port though, but it still dosent show up in device manager, i also get a popup saying "this device can perform faster"

From http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail/faqs/?sid=3947&pid=4042&os=win:

Which notebooks can I use with Blackmagic Design USB 3.0 Products?

"Notebooks certified for use with UltraStudio Pro and Intensity Shuttle:
•MSI GE620

Presently there are no certified notebook computers for use with Pocket UltraScope. Testing is being conducted on several new notebook models and the results are expected soon. We will update this support note when we find new notebook models which can be reliably used with Pocket UltraScope. We advise against purchasing notebook computers for use with it until certification testing has been successfully completed."

yeah i did flick through all that before i brought the capture card just a dissapointment that i cant get it to work on my pc after i saw it on the g73 i got hopeful i guess, ill just have to get an approved laptop -it just makes ti easier to be able to use a laptop instead of a big pc

i will give their sydney australia office a call sometime tomorrow

thanks for your time mate greatly appreciated, just a damn shame it wont work

You do not have a NEC Renaseas USB3 Host controller in your G74SX, so that manual is not applicable.

From http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail/faqs/?sid=3947&pid=4042&os=win:

Which notebooks can I use with Blackmagic Design USB 3.0 Products?

"Notebooks certified for use with UltraStudio Pro and Intensity Shuttle:
•MSI GE620

Presently there are no certified notebook computers for use with Pocket UltraScope. Testing is being conducted on several new notebook models and the results are expected soon. We will update this support note when we find new notebook models which can be reliably used with Pocket UltraScope. We advise against purchasing notebook computers for use with it until certification testing has been successfully completed."

It's possible this product will not work with a G74SX. I recommend you contact Blackmagic Design support.

dstrakele
Level 14
Step 3 - Do you install software, drivers, or firmware for this device? Confirm you have the latest...

Check to see if it is showing up under "Unknown Devices".

How did Windows detect the device when you posted it did so in your OP?

The manual wants me to first check for the NEC Renaseas USB3 Host controller, but i have a fl1000 series fresco controller,
it then says to download the USB 3 driver and the firmware
there is no unknown devices tab

ignore the "full ascitio" it was for the captchya code to post a reply