cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG tools for linux!

rhozac
Level 9
Has there been any thought about releasing linux versions asus RoG tools?, Either as simple binary command-line utility's, or build-able from source?. Im just wondering if there are not many situations where linux could add some more performance to overclockers. And hopefully, some day in the future linux will finally have equal to windows in game support, either through complete DX reverse engineering with wine, or opengl makes a breakthrough and becomes the new preferred gaming platform. Or some sort of combination where you take the reverse DX code and extend it to opengl. Or something like that. Well that might not be in the near future of running the newest games with equal performance to windows. I feel that with the success of open source on multiplatforms, mobile devices, and other hardware. Why not take an obvious step here and let the linux loving overclockers/gamers benefit from the awesome RoG overclocking tools?. Food for thought.

I obviously dont necessarily mean only linux support, just open-source'ish (if you dont want to open it up completely i think there are other alternatives, think it was called closed source or something like that, sorry cant remember atm) so its all portable. Even if it was unsupported or not maintained at all. The community could fill in the blanks for porting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R4E, 3960x@stock, 16gb gskill 1600mhz cl9, cooler master cosmos 2, intel 520 60gb ssd, h100.
0 REPLIES 0