cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help Needed Regarding ASUS G75VW

sushrukh
Level 7
Dear Mr. Richard / MarshallR & all my ROG lovers ,

I have an urgent situation & need immediate help from you.I Live in India & am a long time ROG user.

I just purchased the ASUS G75VW-DS71 from an USA merchant & want to ship the laptop to me In India by DHL Express courier service.

But the problem is that , the shipping company requires that i MUST provide an MSDS ( Material Safety Data Sheet ) for the Lithium Battery of the laptop.I also called DHL USA & they also said that this MSDS Must be provided in the package otherwise the package will be detained/held in the customs.

I tried calling ASUS USA two times but they are simply unable to understand my accent.

Please help me Sir.This laptop is my dream laptop & costed me $2000 United States Dollars.And I am unable to ship the laptop to me without this MSDS document.

Kindly Please help me finding this document or otherwise i will have to loose a $2000 worth of laptop & i may have to commit a suicide if that happens.

I need your urgent help in this because this is the only place i could get hold of an ASUS Staff like you & am really expecting a positive reply from you.

Please let me know from where can i get this MSDS form for the laptop's Li-ion battery.DHL USA told me that the manufacturer of the product should be able to provide you this MSDS form.

I'm waiting for your kind & early reply Sir.Please help me.

Thank You.

My E Mail Address is :- peti1212@gmail.com

Please reply back to me as soon as possible.

Thank You.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also if any member have any info where to find this , Please do let me know.I will be highly obliged & Thankful to you.
30 REPLIES 30

Holy
Level 7
Send a message to Marshall@asus he should be able to help.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Holy wrote:
Send a message to Marshall@asus he should be able to help.

I have already sent a PM to him & he just replied that he will try what he can do.I really really do hope i get this because i can't afford loosing a $2000 laptop + International shipping + customs & finally seeing my laptop getting confiscated by the customs because of missing documents such as MSDS.

I will anxiously wait to see if Marshall can help me out in this.

Btw Holy, i purchased the exact same model which you have.

Thanks for your reply.

Liquidus
Level 8
Sir, your life is worth more than a $500,000 laptop.

Liquidus wrote:
Sir, your life is worth more than a $500,000 laptop.

Maybe but i just won't be able to afford to loss this kind of huge money which took several years for me to save.

Thanks for your reply.

BrandeX
Level 9
Since your laptop wasn't made in the US, distributors there may not have such documents. I'd check with Asus directly.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw

BrandeX wrote:
Since your laptop wasn't made in the US, distributors there may not have such documents. I'd check with Asus directly.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw

Looks like you didn't read my first post properly.This IS purchased in US & is an US model.?Thanks.

sushrukh wrote:
Looks like you didn't read my first post properly.This IS purchased in US & is an US model.?Thanks.

Are your customs officers really so smart as to know the difference between an Asus G74 and G73 or Lamborgini model?

Redking117 wrote:
Are your customs officers really so smart as to know the difference between an Asus G74 and G73 or Lamborgini model?

Maybe not but I can't take the risk because if they open the package ( they do it regularly ) , the model number should be clearly written on the box right ?

Anyone here ever shipped any Laptop from US to any other country ? Were they went successfully ?

Problem is , the US shipping forwarder i'm using to bring this in my country says , they will not in any way declare that there is a Lithium Battery Inside.Because if they do , they will not be able to ship the item by Air.

Now if they don't declare the Lithium-Ion Battery , i can't include the MSDS form & then customs may hold/detain the package because of not declaring the battery.

I think , i'm screwed now. 😞

sushrukh wrote:
Maybe not but I can't take the risk because if they open the package ( they do it regularly ) , the model number should be clearly written on the box right ?

Anyone here ever shipped any Laptop from US to any other country ? Were they went successfully ?

Problem is , the US shipping forwarder i'm using to bring this in my country says , they will not in any way declare that there is a Lithium Battery Inside.Because if they do , they will not be able to ship the item by Air.

Now if they don't declare the Lithium-Ion Battery , i can't include the MSDS form & then customs may hold/detain the package because of not declaring the battery.

I think , i'm screwed now. 😞

Tell them to toss the battery, and ship the rest. Get another battery later.