cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-DS71 Ram Upgrade From 12GB to 16GB ?

sushrukh
Level 7
My G75VW-DS71 will come with 12 GB ( 3 x 4GB ) ram installed.But i want to upgrade the Ram to 16GB later.As there should be a free Ram slot in the 12GB version , i should be able to fill the empty slot with another 4GB.

But i'm not sure where this free ram slot exists on the Laptop.Is it under the Keyboard or under the bottom cover ? If the empty slot is under the Key Board then i will not be going for it as it will void my warranty.But if the empty Ram slot is under the bottom cover , then i will replace the empty slot with a 4GB module.

So, guys who has the 12GB version Please do comment here , if you know , where is that empty Ram slot present.

I tried searching in Google but nothing came up.

So, waiting for your reply. 🙂
32 REPLIES 32

Brian_ROG
Level 9
Yes, you can upgrade to 16gb. There should be an empty slot under the bottom cover, the ones under your keyboard should be full already. Just open up your bottom cover and the Ram slots are pretty much in the middle section above the right side HD. You want 4gb 1600 ram.

Check out youtube, i believe i've seen a few videos on how to install ram and HD's on there and they could be useful for you to watch.

Good luck!
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

MaXimus711
Level 10
Yes unlike in the past G73S notebooks which had the RAM in the back panel and the only free ones under the cover, the G75 has one free RAM slot on the back panel

sushrukh
Level 7
Thanks for the replies guys, 🙂 Also do i have to buy the same company ram that is already present in the NB ? I can just buy anything like Kingston,Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 & use this with the other installed memories.So can i do that , using my preferred 4GB ram with other three slots being filled up by any other company.

Thanks!

Brian_ROG
Level 9
You can use any brand you would like, just get 1600mhz so that your speed stays the same. :cool:
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

sushrukh
Level 7
Thanks Brian. 🙂

Hi, i ordered a Asus G75VW-T1040V and want to upgrade from 8 to 24 GB RAM. Can I also get any 2x8 GB, 1600 SO-DIMMs?

Does anybody knows what RAM the Noteboke already has inside? CL Timings, Brand, Model-Nr...?

Thank you

danielius wrote:
Hi, i ordered a Asus G75VW-T1040V and want to upgrade from 8 to 24 GB RAM. Can I also get any 2x8 GB, 1600 SO-DIMMs?

Does anybody knows what RAM the Noteboke already has inside? CL Timings, Brand, Model-Nr...?

Thank you

ASUS G75VW does not support 24GB.16GB is the max supported.And you can only insert 4GB per slot. 😉

Yes you can, just get the quality stuff for reliability reasons: Kingston, Corsair, G-Skill, PNY, etc. You can upgrade to 24 or 32 GB without issues. The G74 supports 32 GB as several people have found. Definitely report on your experiences! The CAS timings are pretty standard, ASUS ships with pretty hum-drum RAM. If you want aggressive timings, you will have to pay for it...easy timings make the RAM more compatible with other vendors.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Thank You.

As I understood you loose your warrenty when you open the Notebook that far to change the RAM under the Keyboard, is that right? Thats why i just want to upgrade to 24 GB and want to know exactly what RAM is already inside.

I also read it doesnt make sense to upgrade ALL the RAM to 1866 or 2133. Can someone confirm this?