Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The folks here are in my view simply the best I have ever come across. Well done to you for sticking with it and to the good hands I left you in. Cheers Chris job well done mate.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

StratoROG ... Your welcome. Some of us wish you had to get a code from registration to boot.
    Here is where to start before you open the box.
    Go for the gusto .. put the V to sleep, wait a few minutes .. and wake it up. All good? Stable.
    (OC ? -- bump the multiplier and bus just a touch.4.2?) ....best to you friend.

All in a day's ROG...Viz. This has made my day.. the rest will be a pure bonus.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 07-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.

I left ASUS, please contact cl-scott Array

awesome guys! congrats on getting your build running in pure ROG fashion Strato! great job with the assist chrsplmr!

ROG Member Array

*Update*

Well Gentleman,

using the XMP profile will certainly run @ 2133Mhz but I still continued to suffer from intermittent app/sys crash so I again decided to try letting the bios test and set the settings since I am obviously incapable of dialing it in. Using the AI Suite I first selected the "Fast" settings and allowed the software to test and set the CPU/MEM and first time got 10% (I believe it was 3938MHz / DDR - 1724 or someting) everything came up fine and I used it that way for a few days.

Next, I again loaded the AI Suite and this time selected "Extreme" and let it perform stress and make changes. It dialed the CPU up to 4242Mhz (4208) and the MEM to DDR-1870.4 MHz (1:8) @ 9-11-9-27 which the timing is correct but after plenty of attempts now I just cannot get the MEM to 2133 without crashing issues. I figure there are more experienced OC tweakers with this setup that are stable @ 2133 just wondering if someone could share the secret to stabilizing this configuration.

FYI, system ive very stable at current settings, see current results in sig below

cheers,

Strato

Mobo:Crosshair V Formula
    CPU: AMD FX-8150
    RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 16GB Kit - 2133MHZ
    GPU: VisionTek Radeon 7850 HD
    Optical_0: Lite-On DVD/RW Burner Combo Drive
    Optical_1: Sony BD/RW Burner Combo Drive
    SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATAIII (OS Drive)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB SATAIII (Data)
    Cooling: Corsair H100 Performance CPU Cooler
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

There is no guarantee that your set up can run the 2133Mhz that you want. Yes the ram is rated for that but I would suspect on an Intel system.

Use the XMP profile as your starting point, and manually adjust in small amounts the different voltage settings is my advice. I would suggest you try your overclocking of the ram with only one stick. See if you are able to get close to the frequency you want and what settings you need to do so. Then add one more stick, you will find in all likelihood that our settings will work but might not be as stable, two sticks is more work for the memory controller of course. Once that is done and your dual sticks are stable then repeat until all your sticks of ram are sorted.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3