cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-N56U Router

Peregrine
Level 9
Anyone have this?
Having issues accessing my Hard Drive3 from the outside world.

Thought I'd ask here before I went to the not-so-helpful Asus "regular" forum.
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
Not sure what you mean about the hard drive. Is that some sort of NAS device? How do you access it? FTP?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
Yeap, it would help to know what exactly is that "Hard Drive3"... It's built in your home computer and you want to access it from outside? Or it's a NAS?

X-ROG
Level 15
Connected via the NAS USB port?

Peregrine
Level 9
Correct Marshall.
(Sorry guys, forgot I started this thread lol)

Yes, I have a Western Digital Raided drive plugged into the USB port of the router. (The "3" was a typo.)
When I disable all security I can access it from the outside world... but so can anyone else. When I add security I cannot access it from outside through ftp.

I can explain better when it's in front of me (@ work now).

I can't be the only one with this bad boy??? It's a SWEET router. Just need to resolve this one issue.
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

Anicra
Level 7
I actually have that router atm. I ll test NAS tomorrow via one of USB, You have upgrade to 1.08G (whatever the last verison is)?

I7 5960X/Asus RE5u3.1 -3101/64gb(16x4)@3133 @1.39V Gskill 14-15-16-36 cr2/3xTitanX/ WD RE 6.0 TB RAID 0+1/Samsung 840 Pro 256 x2 Raid 0/Samsung 850pro M.2/Asus Essence One/Corsair Ax1500 PSU /Corsair Obs 9800D case/ 3 2xRad 120x3 and 120x1/ EK MB block/AquaC Kryos CPU/Koolance GPU x2/ Bay 452x2(ver2) (2x655 serial)

Peregrine
Level 9
Yes.

Thanks.
I really love it. If I could just get this last piece to work.

OMG Just tried Chrome and IT WORKS too. lol

Woohoo!

Peregrine
Level 9
I think I got it. Need to test a bit more.

I have been using IE to ftp into it. Issue after issue. Tried again last night so I could explain it better here. Wierd issue. Had a thought: let's try an ACTUAL ftp client.
*wam*
It worked lol.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Congrats mate, now...would you please be so kind as to list what you have done to get it working correctly? and hopefully a Mod or someone else will sticky this to show how to get it working...or, create a new thread Peregrine and that can be stickied as it is pretty important for other users to know, if they too get stuck on this exact problem.