Thread: G55VW Owners

New ROGer Array

Exclamation G55VW Owners

Hi guys. I'd like to know if you prefer your laptop than others, such as MSI GT60, or SAGER Notebooks (they are good? - I mean in terms of building quality). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi guys. I'd like to know if you prefer your laptop than others, such as MSI GT60, or SAGER Notebooks (they are good? - I mean in terms of building quality). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I think that the building quality of the G55 is much better than the others.. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Thanks!
    Here's the cool thing about my job: I get paid to play around with laptops.

I was recently tasked with finding the highest quality laptops and then rate them.

What I tested : G75VW, Clevo P170EM, SAMSUNG NP700G7C , MSI GT700NC, Alienware m17x and m18x

Clevo (AKA Sager)- The design is very dated, build quality is 'decent' . Support is largely dependent on the re-seller but Clevo themselves are half past worthless(poor communication, poor QA. The only thing that Clevo really has a advantage over the others is the fact that it can be fully customized.

Samsung- Was built pretty well, didn't favor the design. It was too retro. Performance was on par with the other 670m units

MSI - Ughhh the build quality was beyond terrible gaudy over-done cheap plastic followed by numerous technical issues (we had to RMA the unit twice before we got a working one)

AW - m17x - Didn't favor the plastic build. Unit has numerous QA issues. (HDD ribbon cable detached from board, improper placement of ram) Dell tech support was a hassle. Had a REALLY cool lighting system though

AW - M18x - I had so many issues with this laptop it wasn't even funny. However, the chassis was really well designed and the lighting system was neat.

G75VW - Of the units we've sold so far only one had a minor QA issue (needed to snap the plastic bezel back into place) Overall excellent value for the money backed by a solid company. Only major complaint is the sound issues. LOVE the design and cooling. Performance is better compared to other units ( superb cooling allows for reasonable overclocks) Matte screen is also rare and FANTASTIC!