cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW Owners

Jonathan
Level 7
Hi guys. I'd like to know if you prefer your laptop than others, such as MSI GT60, or SAGER Notebooks (they are good? - I mean in terms of building quality). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Jonathan
Level 7
Jonathan wrote:
Hi guys. I'd like to know if you prefer your laptop than others, such as MSI GT60, or SAGER Notebooks (they are good? - I mean in terms of building quality). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think that the building quality of the G55 is much better than the others.. Do you agree?

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Jonathan wrote:

Thanks!

Here's the cool thing about my job: I get paid to play around with laptops.

I was recently tasked with finding the highest quality laptops and then rate them.

What I tested : G75VW, Clevo P170EM, SAMSUNG NP700G7C , MSI GT700NC, Alienware m17x and m18x

Clevo (AKA Sager)- The design is very dated, build quality is 'decent' . Support is largely dependent on the re-seller but Clevo themselves are half past worthless(poor communication, poor QA. The only thing that Clevo really has a advantage over the others is the fact that it can be fully customized.

Samsung- Was built pretty well, didn't favor the design. It was too retro. Performance was on par with the other 670m units

MSI - Ughhh the build quality was beyond terrible gaudy over-done cheap plastic followed by numerous technical issues (we had to RMA the unit twice before we got a working one)

AW - m17x - Didn't favor the plastic build. Unit has numerous QA issues. (HDD ribbon cable detached from board, improper placement of ram) Dell tech support was a hassle. Had a REALLY cool lighting system though

AW - M18x - I had so many issues with this laptop it wasn't even funny. However, the chassis was really well designed and the lighting system was neat.

G75VW - Of the units we've sold so far only one had a minor QA issue (needed to snap the plastic bezel back into place) Overall excellent value for the money backed by a solid company. Only major complaint is the sound issues. LOVE the design and cooling. Performance is better compared to other units ( superb cooling allows for reasonable overclocks) Matte screen is also rare and FANTASTIC!
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com