cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Help

Deletive
Level 7
So I'm trying to build the ultimate gaming Computer (that will last my till 2014) or until haswell in 2013.

My Build:

Cpu:Intel Core i7 3770k $350

Custom Water Cooling (i'm just guess but $400

Motherboard:Asus Maximus V Formula (reasoning for Water cooling) $350

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-2133 $125

SSD:Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $280

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $119
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $119

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4GB Video Card $1,049

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II (Black) ATX Full Tower Case $350

PSU: Cooler Master 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $200

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T Black-Red 24" LED-Backlit 120Hz 3D-Ready LCD Monitor $400

Keyboard: Ducky DK9008S Purple LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red Cherry MX) $142

Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000 $90

Headset: Sennheiser Pc 360 $200

This is planning on being my Build, I reserched and i picked the best to Suit this build... I'll be building this in Sept, Oct for the launch of Warfighter.

After which I'll start Youtubing to bring in some more money.
9 REPLIES 9

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey there!:) Good luck with the build looks great to me all except the RAM....don't have a good impression of that at all. Also I think the cosmos is a nice case and you can watercool it of course but it doesn't take a full thickness 360 anywhere comfortably as far as I know so more smaller rads more tubing....it wouldn't be my first choice for watercooling. Just ny 2c.

Zka17
Level 16
Maybe, you could wait with the memory until you can get the mobo... I agree with Arne, you could do better at that point... Otherwise, it seems a nice build... 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest the cost of the motherboard will be closer to $400 and any kind of custom water cooling is going to eat up that $400 very quickly and beg for 'more please sir'.

The vengeance range had heaps of issues with the X79 platform, which is a very picky platform when it comes to Ram. However the Ivy processors are a whole different beast and they tend to work with pretty much anything. However I echo the hesitancy of the others having been bitten with the vengeance kits before.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I would suggest the cost of the motherboard will be closer to $400 and any kind of custom water cooling is going to eat up that $400 very quickly and beg for 'more please sir'.

The vengeance range had heaps of issues with the X79 platform, which is a very picky platform when it comes to Ram. However the Ivy processors are a whole different beast and they tend to work with pretty much anything. However I echo the hesitancy of the others having been bitten with the vengeance kits before.

I'm not using the X79 platform, I'm using Z77

I have another thing I'm adding to my build

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

Deletive wrote:
I'm not using the X79 platform, I'm using Z77

I have another thing I'm adding to my build

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

Yes I know that, what I was doing was informing you and the folks who were a little skittish about the Vengeance range that the issues were most commonly found in the X79 and with the Ivy Z77 range you would not have the same kinds of problems as the IMC is far more user friendly 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have to third that advice .. I have seen issue after issue back as far as ive read .. where
Vengence was in the mix ... (Id watch the sigs of those with the board you are going to buy
and See what is working 'great' for them.)

and ... recently I fell in love with the Trooper case .. front converts for a perfect liquid solution.
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/trooper/home.php

chrsplmr wrote:
I have to third that advice .. I have seen issue after issue back as far as ive read .. where
Vengence was in the mix ... (Id watch the sigs of those with the board you are going to buy
and See what is working 'great' for them.)

and ... recently I fell in love with the Trooper case .. front converts for a perfect liquid solution.
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/trooper/home.php

I was going to get the Strom Stryker (white verison) but it seemed like it would be a tight fit for all of this.

What ram should i get then?

Menthol
Level 14
What they said before me +1, the case is not water cooling friendly and once you start custom water cooling the price of fittings and adapters and fans can run the price up up up. You can get a copy of the OS for a lot less than that price, buy a OEM copy for about $140.00. Very nice peripherals you have chosen.

Dark
Level 9
Go with Gskill or Corsair Dominator.

n ps your build sounds crazy wish i could make my pc crazy ass but on saying i can play mostly all new pc games without problems so its fine by me.
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite