cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xear 3D EX and SoundRadar

__VeNoM__
Level 7
What are these 2 buttons located on the top right corner of the control panel??? I checked the manual but can't find them in there.

Also help me choose the correct settings please..

5.1 surround connected via 3.5mm jacks (green, orange and black). I have chose '5.1 Surround' output and NOT ticked the 'Surround Max' or 'LFE/Center Channel Swap' So far so good?

I chose highest sample settings 192khz with 24bits. Is that right?

Then went on to 'Flex Bass II' and set the 'Cut off frequency' to 120hz and set the 'Bass Level' to 6 dB as I like to hear the bass. Have I done the right thing here as I don't think my philips speakers are full range speakers as they are flat panel speakers that say '3D * SFP * TWEETER'

I did not enable any extra features for output apart from switching 'Dolby Home Theater' on and switching to Music profile..Disabled all options in there though such as 'Intelligent Equalizer' and so on.

So guys you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing but can you share some input here and help me getting that sweet spot 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

Raja
Level 13
Check the frequency handling of your main speakers and set the LF cut-off accordingly (should be in the specs somewhere). The rest of the settings you mention can be left on default and will work fine.

Xear 3D and SOund Radar are EAX modes that some older games supported. So you can leave those "On" if you play older titles, otherwise leave disabled.

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Hi Raja,

Thanks for the response mate. I checked with Philips regarding the cut off frequency but they don't have the info. My speakers are from 2004 so info is limited.