cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Windows has detected your computer's performance is slow."

dmoon723
Level 8

I got this notification yesterday and ignored it, then got it again today. My G75 is running whisper quiet and I am NOT putting it through much. Just WoW on High settings which l know good and well it can handle. Should I just ignore this?
18 REPLIES 18

dstrakele
Level 14
I don't know...that's harsh when Windows tells you your gaming computer is slow...

I'd be tempted to run DPC Latency Checker to see if any drivers are causing latency on your system.

Maybe uninstall ASUS Live Update, McAfee Antivirus, or Akamai Web Interface (if you find it in "Control Panel - Uninstall a program").

The phrase "not enough resources" typically means Memory resources, more specifically Nonpaged Pool memory resources. Perhaps a drver installed on your system is leaking Nonpaged memory. What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, or Disk Management software have you installed to your system? These are the usual suspects.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I don't know...that's harsh when Windows tells you your gaming computer is slow...

OK, I LOL'd at that one. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

john_from_ohio
Level 11
dmoon723 wrote:

I got this notification yesterday and ignored it, then got it again today

Not sure buy guessing wow is some kind of game?

Let me take another blind guess ... you might have patches/updates to the game that are not applied?

john_from_ohio wrote:
Not sure buy guessing wow is some kind of game?
zomg john, do you live under a rock.... jeez man, thats something my grandpa would say, lolz

im not making fun of you, just the way you put that cracked me up
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
zomg john, do you live under a rock....

Even though I am old ... I am a competitive athlete still putting in about 50 miles a week running and some cross training.

Between that stuff and family obligations and work stuff ... life gets pretty dang busy ... like I said before not a gamer.

Going out to San Francisco in a couple of months for Oracle Open World 2012 ... 50 thousand geeks and damagers ( managers ) ... I am presenting out there again this year as part of the conference.

So yeah ... pretty much ... I live under a rock!

waynes26
Level 7
This is because WOW is changing your screen settings. I have had this with various games in the past.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

dstrakele
Level 14
You young whippersnappers! When I was a lad your age, my gaming computer was so slow, it didn't finish booting till the next day... And we LIKED it!!!
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
You young whippersnappers! When I was a lad your age, my gaming computer was so slow, it didn't finish booting till the next day... And we LIKED it!!!

::shudders::

For anyone else I've potentially confused, I'm talking about World of Warcraft lol. As for it changing my screen settings, do you mean resolution? Because I have it set to the native 1920x1080 of the screen.

dmoon723 wrote:

For anyone else I've potentially confused, I'm talking about World of Warcraft lol.

The suspicion is that somehow / somewhere you are leaking memory allocations which after a while cause windows 7 to start nagging you ... my shot in the dark guess is that perhaps there are updates/patches to the game you are running that you have not applied.

Someone else noted:

The phrase "not enough resources" typically means Memory resources, more specifically Nonpaged Pool memory resources. Perhaps a drver installed on your system is leaking Nonpaged memory. What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, Remote Access, or Disk Management software have you installed to your system? These are the usual suspects.

So between possible missing wow maintenance and the other items above that might get you on the path to solving.