cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone remember Bioware? (Not a Bash thread, but still...)

TheBlackShogun
Level 7
Remember Bioware? That nice, cool Western Company (I forget if they were my fellow Canadians XD) that made all of those killer WRPGS? Dragon Age Origins, Jade Empire, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Mass Effect...

What happened to them?

Lately, there are these impostors that also call themselves "Bioware", but they can't possibly be the same company. I mean, just look at Mass Effect 3? The real Bioware wouldn't make such a game like that! And what was Dragon Age 2? Those two games were tests, right? They're currently making the real Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 right now... right?

Right?
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If it's not a bash thread then I'm not sure I want to join in!:o

I guess EA happened is the simple explanation and they decided to sell to the lowest common denominator. DAii was just a bare faced money grab. They took the reputation of DAO and used it to pre sell that terrible software crime . They had made all their money before anyone got to see the final product was....well, what it was.

The sad thing is that the game review community is so in their pockets that they print whatever they are told to and the obvious travesty goes unpublished by and large. Bioware are now simply peddlers of politically correct console rpgs. Their original success is still to be had though,the market is still there of people with a brain! It's just not so profitable but someone will fill it; at least I hope they will!

Aside from the ending, Mass Effect 3 was fantastic.

Don't know what you're on about.
G75VW-BBK5
i7
8 GB
660m

wolverine7074
Level 9
They are in on the new Command and Conquer Generals 3 thats comming out in 2013 I hope its good Ive been waiting but I quess we will see soon enough
Mobo: Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD FX-8120 8 Core 3.1 GHz
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3
VGA: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti X2
Optical: Asus DVD Burner Combo Drive X2
SSD: Corsair Force SATA III 120GB
HDD: Seagate SATA III 1TB Storage
Cooling: Corsair H100 Hydro CPU Cooler
Case: CoolerMaster CM690 II Advanced
PSU: Silencer Mk II 750 W

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Bioware has released a Great Number of Titles over the years and some of them they didn't even put their name on. But like Arne stated EA happened to a BIG part of the Game Developers. Now EA with it's Intrusive Software called Origin and breaking All Contracts with Steam has really messed up the Gaming Community. A good example is Dragon Age Origins. Steam had the Franchise for a long time and was into the wind down on it with a really good Bundle. I purchased it even and two days after I got a Notice from Steam that it would no longer be Sold Thru Steam so naturally I went to Origin and THERE it Was but their Ultimate Edition was only DAO, a Digital Comic Book, and a couple of BS Items for $39 USD when I had gotten it from Steam with all of the DL's and both DAO with Awakenings for $29 USD!