cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE - Realtek no sound if hocked to headphone !!

emaratee
Level 9
Gentlemen,

I've been using my Logitech Z515 with my RIVE since the assembly with no issues .. Lately been trying to use my headphones on the systems with no success.

The Front panel on my rig is connected to the AAFP using AC'97 similarly the BIOS is set to use AC'79 .. all that I get is an echo and static .. Also, tried the rear lime port and the same results.

Any ideas .. Is it a driver problem ??

Am running Windows 7 Pro - 64bit
12 REPLIES 12

emaratee
Level 9
Also, switched from AC'97 to HD on the AAFP and the BIOS with no success. !!

xeromist
Windows is probably set to use the Z515 as the audio output. Does the Z515 still work? You may need to right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and go to playback devices. You can change the default output there.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

emaratee
Level 9
Thanks xeromist,

Speaker icon is set correctly to the playback device .. !!

xeromist
So it is fixed? If not, which device is set?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

emaratee
Level 9
No it's not working yet. I set it to the device that pops up when I plug the headphone to the jack.

xeromist
Just for a test I would try all of the outputs default one at a time. Has the on board sound ever worked? If not it may be faulty. How long have you had the board?

On-board sound chip is running .. and am getting sound through the Z515 speakers ...

xeromist
Well, I meant have the onboard connections ever worked. Have you ever successfully used headphones or wired speakers? I know you said the bluetooth speaker was working.

If you've got all of the software/drivers installed and the default output is changed to the normal output and not the bluetooth then I'm not sure what to tell you. 😞 You might have a faulty board.

emaratee
Level 9
xeromist,

appreciate your help .. actually this is the first time am using these connections ...