Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array ..VeNoM..'s Avatar

Just learnt that the Phoebus used 2 chips to control the analogue output.. 1 controls the front speakers and 1 controls rear and center/sub.. I think the problem is to do with the driver getting confused (so to speak).

Come on guys raise the issue with ASUS so we can get it fixed.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I have alerted HQ to it. But yes, we need lots of config setups to make sure we can replicate it properly.

New ROGer Array

Im also having issues with mismatched speakers however, for my mismatch my front right is being played from the subwoofer and the front right is being routed to the center speaker, i've already sent an bug report with my information and i can only hope that a possible driver update will be available soon

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thanks for sending that in. The more they get, the more it will become a priority.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ..VeNoM..'s Avatar

I'm glad someone else has sent a report.. Everyone needs to get involved to get this issue fixed. FYI I had it happen to me again last night

ROG Member Array

Okey so i bought this card about 2 months ago, i thought this would be fixed with the latest drivers that were released 3 weeks ago but it didn't help!
    My rear speakers goes to the front, my center speaker goes to the rear left and my sub takes the rear right. How the hell is this even possible?
    I recently re-installed my whole system, formated drive and all!
    Seems like you had this problem 5 years ago to with the Xonar DX!

Are you guys working on it?

ROG Member Array

Same issue here using the latest drivers. Funny thing is, everything was fine with the Beta drivers, although that also had it's own issues.

Banned Array

This can be related to my BF3 problem.
    Can you check something?

1.Try to enable DTS UltraPC2 (all Enchancement,Surround Sensation,Symmetry/boost checkboxes OFF).
    Try game.

2.Try to exit Phoebus UI(right button on tray icon)->Exit
    Than go to Windows sound setting window:
    Control Panel View by Category -> Change System Sounds, Manage Audio Devices->Speakers Asus xonar Phoebus->Effects tab->enable checkbox "Disable all effects"->OK
    Try game.

P.S.
    My BF3 problem is still not fixed.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AVtemp View Post
    This can be related to my BF3 problem.
    Can you check something?

1.Try to enable DTS UltraPC2 (all Enchancement,Surround Sensation,Symmetry/boost checkboxes OFF).
    Try game.

2.Try to exit Phoebus UI(right button on tray icon)->Exit
    Than go to Windows sound setting window:
    Control Panel View by Category -> Change System Sounds, Manage Audio Devices->Speakers Asus xonar Phoebus->Effects tab->enable checkbox "Disable all effects"->OK
    Try game.

P.S.
    My BF3 problem is still not fixed.
    Why would i want to do that?
    And what am i looking for?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

There're a number of things can go wrong. If you have time you can try these steps:
    1. Uninstall the Phoebus driver software (uninstall from [Control Panel]->[Uninstall a program]->[ASUS Xonar Phoebus...]), let Windows install the default audio driver automatically. See if the problem still exist. This can clarify if the problem is in hardware.
    2. After Phoebus software installed, do the #2 step that AVtemp suggested and see if the problem still exist. This can clarify if the problem is in kernel-mode part or the user-mode part of the driver software.
    3. Try different software like games, media players, etc. If not all software having the problem and there might be clues where the problem really is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast