cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage 4 + Dominator Gt issue

bit1der
Level 7
I Have 4x2 GB 2133 Dominator GT
But It work only in slots a1 and b1. Shows b5 in all right slots.
so if kit in a1,b1, d1, c1 it shows only 4GB instaed of 8GB.

I read that CPU placement could be wrong, but I have all watercooling Rig, so it would be VERY hard to replace CPU just in case))))) And I screwd cpu waterblock to its limits)))
31 REPLIES 31

HiVizMan
Level 40
Download Memtest and test each stick of ram one at a time.

I use version 4.2 (USB version)

Is your Dom kit one kit? Or are they two different kits that you have put together?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

None of the sticks work in D and C channels. But all work perfectly in a1 and b1.
Also I used them for one year without any problems. It's two identical 2x2gb Dominator kits.
So i understand it's not about memory?

P.S.When I first inserted them to Rampage (3 weeks ago) they refused to work at all. I found some plastic in ddr slot, after cleaning everything seemed fine (I didn't see if all the kits work), but today I noticed I have only 4 GB, and I don't know if it's from begining or it happened after I installed waterblocks to chipset...

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would like to be 100% sure but it is your call. 🙂

That leaves us with only reseating the CPU. So looks like you are going to have to think about removing the water cooling. 😞
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Why I didn't check it before this?
Ugh....
I'll replace CPU and write back.
THNX!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Use a air cooler to check - so you do not have to do the whole thing all over.

While you have your CPU out check the pins to make sure that none are a little out of alignment.

Reinstalled CPU - no luck

I attached some photos of socket and rig

http://fotohost.kz/images/2012/07/10/xBNql.jpg

http://fotohost.kz/image/G6p

There are many power inputs, but I connected 24 pin + 8 pin. Could it cause ddr socket problems?

HiVizMan
Level 40
What I can see is some thermal paste in your one DDR3 slot. Might be a good idea to give them a gentle clean once again.

While all the memory sticks are out you can do a full Memtest of each one.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey there!

It might just be the light etc. in the photo but do these top contacts all look recessed compared to the rest?

Runed memtest with 2 stick active. Aborted at 44%. Now none of ram are working. Pc dont start. Post 65. Clr cmos dont help))) strange things happening)))

What about power 24+8 is enought?