cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73 SW Running super slow

exilegod
Level 7
So i've been using my Asus G73 SW for about a year now, and its gotten to a point where games are just runing terrible even on low/minimal graphics settings.

Therefore i decided to do a factory restore. However after doing the factory restore, there hasn't been much of an improvement.

What do you guys think i should do? Just reformat in general and do a fresh installation of windows?

Thanks for the advice, not super tech saavy like alot of people on the forums 😞
just trying to game in peace ...

after scoping around the forums i used the latency checker and this is what came up

3 REPLIES 3

exilegod
Level 7
any got any ideas on what i should do?

dstrakele
Level 14
You've done well to troubleshoot your slow performance, by running DPC Latency Checker. Now you need to determine which drivers are causing the latency. Follow the guide on http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml.

If you have an Atheros WiFi card, the Atheros driver would be a good place to start...

Confirm you have at least 25% free space on your OS drive, then defragment it.

The Windows Registry gets bloated as you install and uninstall to it. You could give CCleaner a shot at cleaning up registry clutter.

But sometimes, a clean Windows 7 install with recent device drivers is the best way to inject new life into an old system. See http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds for a detailed guide on how to accomplish this...

I see you mentioned you just did an ASUS Factory Restore, so your Registry should be somewhat clean with OS drive not fragmented. Perhaps it's best to focus on resolving your DPC Latency issue...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

thanks for the advice,

what i did was i used driver sweeper and removed the drivers for my graphics card, the wifi driver and the lan driver

however after removing the three and installing up to date ones, the dpclatency checker still came up with the same thing

what should i do now?