cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window7 activation failing

Dark
Level 9
Ok windows is pissing me off each time i put key in it fails.

im sick of it now so anyone have a crack as its feking me off beyond words oh n ps im home 🙂 yes at home only for tonight will be in hospital agin from tomorrow afternoon 😞 but im ok all is good with me just about main problem was my blood count but its normal now so im home but need to go back tomorrow ok back on topic anyone have a crack im on win 7 ultimate
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite
14 REPLIES 14

xeromist
Sorry, we can't help you locate cracks or pirated copies, but if your key is legitimate then you can call up Microsoft and get it activated. It should give you a phone number on the activation window. Often you don't even have to talk to a person. You just read off the key and the automated system will give you a verification to enter.

I've had activation issues a number of times because I changed hardware and it's annoying but most of the time it's a pretty quick call with the automated system. Just make sure to answer that it's been installed on one machine. Since you changed hardware you might think of it as a new machine but they ask that to make sure you aren't installing it on more than one machine *at the same time*.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Sorry, we can't help you locate cracks or pirated copies, but if your key is legitimate then you can call up Microsoft and get it activated. It should give you a phone number on the activation window. Often you don't even have to talk to a person. You just read off the key and the automated system will give you a verification to enter.

I've had activation issues a number of times because I changed hardware and it's annoying but most of the time it's a pretty quick call with the automated system. Just make sure to answer that it's been installed on one machine. Since you changed hardware you might think of it as a new machine but they ask that to make sure you aren't installing it on more than one machine *at the same time*.

I have phoned them but they keep saying my key is fake when its not as i buyed windows7 ultmate. and they say for new kew cost 67 pounds its doing my head in
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Dark wrote:
I have phoned them but they keep saying my key is fake when its not as i buyed windows7 ultmate. and they say for new kew cost 67 pounds its doing my head in

Bummer. Do you trust the shop where you bought it? There is a possibility that it might actually be counterfeit. There are shady people who even make fake security stickers. I'm not sure what consumer rights you have in the UK but I would take it back to the shop and demand a refund if M$ won't activate it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Bummer. Do you trust the shop where you bought it? There is a possibility that it might actually be counterfeit. There are shady people who even make fake security stickers. I'm not sure what consumer rights you have in the UK but I would take it back to the shop and demand a refund if M$ won't activate it.

Nope its legit got it from pc world ages ago like 3 years back or two. And never had problems with it at all but since last year key kept messing up and i phoned ms they gave me a new key what worked fine but pc crashed so at to do same again got a key as the one they gave did not work so ended up with 3 keys but now they wont give key they just say its fake like omg i have 3 keys from them i even emailed them picture of the disk and key extra and they said we are sorry itll cost you 60+ for a new key and im like omg maybe they wont give me a key due to i have had two from them i dunno but they piss me off as i keep trying and trying but just today windows stopped working what its never done b4 seems its been stuck on 30 days for past unknown weeks on end but i did remove my hard drive today to sata port 3 as was in wrong one maybe that messed the 30 day thing up was ok b4 i removed hard drive 😞 but yeah i deleted wat file now so i think ill be ok longs i dont update pc bit stupid but oh well it'll do till i can get a key i guess
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

xeromist wrote:

I think its just stupid, that windows doesn't have "deactivate" function. I have 2 professional keys from MSDN-Academic and if something go wrong with the system (i do many experiment with the system :D), i have to format my computer and the automated activation doesn't work anymore with the key. I have to call microsoft and its not toll free. Reading off the numbers takes some time too

Dark
Level 9
Bog it just deleted the WAT file for it as was doing my head in oh well lets see how crapysoft like this 🙂
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

xeromist
I hate to say this but you might have your dad give it a try. Unfortunately some people think they can push a woman around but they'll respond better to a man's voice. It's lame and unfair but it's worth a shot.

xeromist wrote:
I hate to say this but you might have your dad give it a try. Unfortunately some people think they can push a woman around but they'll respond better to a man's voice. It's lame and unfair but it's worth a shot.

I think he's going to phone them tomorrow as its late now hope they give a key or ill go mad at them via email
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

HiVizMan
Level 40
Just to inform you I seem to recall that PC World were fined a huge amount of money a while ago for selling face Window OEM discs.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.