cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g55 keyboard backlight issue

mandowntheroad
Level 7
I just noticed today that underneath the space bar on the right the light doesn't work. Also the light is half orange underneath the right control button as well. The space bar is annoying but I can live with that but the orange light stands out quite a bit compared to all the other white key lights. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal for that key?
6 REPLIES 6

TechMaxed
Level 7
have you updated the ATK package from Asus G55's drivers site....??? if you have then it might be a hardware issue and it is best to replace the faulty with a new one...

*edit posted on a wrong thread. sorry

KiwiG75
Level 7
I have the exact same light problem under my space bar on my G75. I don't use the backlights anyway so I think I'll just leave it as is, I don't want to risk Asus damaging the laptop in RMA.

KiwiG75 wrote:
I have the exact same light problem under my space bar on my G75. I don't use the backlights anyway so I think I'll just leave it as is, I don't want to risk Asus damaging the laptop in RMA.

You could buy a replacement keyboard for the G75 if you want and are in the US or Canada. Sending it in for an RMA is the only way we'll foot the bill, so it's up to you.

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=3619

dstrakele
Level 14
The descriptions about the lighting of the spacebar key are normal. There is no LED under the right side of the spacebar. The keyboard backlights are designed to illuminate the markings on the keys. The spacebar has the little running man icon to be illuminated on the left side.

The orange LED under the right CTRL key is not normal. I suspect the white LED under that key has something on top of it (glue?) that is altering its color.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

KiwiG75
Level 7
So it's actually designed not to be lighted up on the right side of the space bar?