cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phoebus BETA 7.20 driver is available

jmacguire
Level 7
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ROG+Xonar+Phoebus&p=21&s=3

This has been posted in other threads but only as a response to other comments. Thus, I have reposted it as a primary topic.
32 REPLIES 32

dedaciai
Level 10
Have you tried the new driver yet? Not sticking my toes into the water until I hear some feedback on these new drivers...I have messed with my rig enough trying to get the Phoebus to work. 😕
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

well i couldn't install it because it says i have to connect my Sound Card first???

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
it work fine, i played BF3 2hs without problems :-). uninstall first the old driver than install without a restart the beta driver and play.
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

__VeNoM__
Level 7
So this the final revision of the beta?

Raja
Level 13
This is the beta driver. If there are any revisions those will actually be a "new" driver with a different version number.

I think a lot of people wanted more than BF3 patched but to date you are the only one I know of that told me they had submitted a bug report form for anything other than BF3. Not much anyone can do about that until these guys decide to mail in their reports and wait for another update.

beta driver has fixed BF3 for me

Ye about time, thanks, i will check as soon as i get home.

Thanks for the update Raja@ASUS. Some people are just never happy. You could hand them a hundred dollar bill and they would complain it's not crisp enough. Thanks for your help in getting issues resolved for us.

Raja
Level 13
No probs. What helps us most is people making a comprehensive report. Also, feature requests in software are listened to. It just depends what can be done by the teams at this point. If something cannot be changed this time round, then they will add it to future products so it's not in vain. This was their first attempt, and while there is room for improvement, it was not a bad first try. Lots to learn from.

-Raja