Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Jandenengelsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenz View Post
    Don't use optical! The Z-5500 DAC is worse than warm beer. Use analog. Then go into FlexBass set 120hz Crossover and all speakers to large. Then you will see why you paid for this beast of a soundcard. As for your buzzing I have no issues on either of my sets of however I found I had to put my rear in what is the surround back (used in 7.1) I'd try this.

On a more ontopic note. Thank you Raja. I can confidently say this is now amazing and made the upgrade from my Xonar D2X well worthit. Hope they pay you well there good sir
    Hi there..

I also got the z5500, and for sure analoog is much better then the optical! But do you have the same problem with the suround? when all surround settings are 'off' and i play music on youtube it's auto mixed up too 5.1 but when you play music from my harddrive (with the same settings) it's normally in stereo. But when you set your sample rate to 44.1 the youtube music is also in stereo.. the settings i use normally is 96/24. This problem i only have with the latest driver, do you got the problem too? (i allready filled in a form for that one!)
    Coolermaster HAF 922 | Corsair PSU Gaming GS800W | Asus Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 | Corsair Dominator 12GB(6x2) 1600 MHz DDR3 CL8 | 2x Corsair Force F120 120GB 2.5" SATA2 RAID 0 | ASUS ROG GeForce GTX580 Matrix | ASUS ROG Phoebus | Sennheiser PC360 G4ME | Logitech Z5500 5.1 | Logitech G500 | Logitech G19 | Acer GD245HQAbid@120Hz

ROG Enthusiast Array

Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There are more updates planned. The issue is that many users don't bother filling out a bug report form and mailing it in, and then expect things to be miraculously patched for them. If you want something changed or patched, email in the request.
    Raja, I requested this a long time ago, I just want to make sure you captured/forwarded it. I would like for the breakout box volume control knob to work in external speaker mode as well as just for headphones i.e. so you can turn up/down the volume without having to leave your game.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by txfeinbergs View Post
    Raja, I requested this a long time ago, I just want to make sure you captured/forwarded it. I would like for the breakout box volume control knob to work in external speaker mode as well as just for headphones i.e. so you can turn up/down the volume without having to leave your game.
    This part of the message is for everyone:

I am not the one you need to "tell". Submit a bug report form, the fixes themselves have nothing to do with me per se. I don't do "capture and forward" of bug reports, you guys need to use the form provided and submit yourself. If the team deem it worthy or doable they add it, if not they won't.

Specifically your question:

Plus, I don't think what you want will work as that will require the requisite hardware, which won't be a part of the breakout box or card as it was never an intended option. There needs to be some kind of GPIO I would have thought to tie that volume control back to the speaker output DACs or C-Media chip. If it is not there, then I don't see how it can be done off the top of my head.

New ROGer Array

Improve 7.1 Quality (Music)

Hi Everyone;

I would welcome everyones comments or suggestions specifically if I'm doing things wrongly,My problem is when I use the Dolby home theater Music Profile, the sound just goes bad..I using 3 separate steroe speaker sets on 7.1 mode , no subs..

When I play music directly through erach of my speakers (not from my PC) it sounds great so I'm thinking that the problem is not with my speakers, besides, I'm very much happty when I use them for games,

I dont think this is a bug, can anyone share me waht they have on their settings in Doldby for Music?

Or is this card only for games and best used in steroe mode when playing music?

ROG Member Array

Specifically your question:

Plus, I don't think what you want will work as that will require the requisite hardware, which won't be a part of the breakout box or card as it was never an intended option. There needs to be some kind of GPIO I would have thought to tie that volume control back to the speaker output DACs or C-Media chip. If it is not there, then I don't see how it can be done off the top of my head.
    I wont pretend to understand what you have said, but the volume control on the breakout box controls the Windows volume when headphones are plugged in. So I fail to see how that input cannot be read without using headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt182 View Post
    I wont pretend to understand what you have said, but the volume control on the breakout box controls the Windows volume when headphones are plugged in. So I fail to see how that input cannot be read without using headphones.

Maybe you should rephrase the question so both of us can understand it.

I've removed some of my initial post for sake of simplicity:

The DAC sections for the headphone output and the rear speaker outputs are completely separate on the card and two different chipsets are used AFAIK (C-MEDIA and REALTEK). The volume control will be tied back to the chipset in question and won't have hardware embedded to control both.

But hey don't let me stop you. You guys all know where the bug report form and email address of the Xonar team are. Feel free to contact that address with whatever you think the card should be able to do.

ROG Enthusiast Array

But hey don't let me stop you. You guys all know where the bug report form and email address of the Xonar team are. Feel free to contact that address with whatever you think the card should be able to do.
    I already have, and here is the funny part: I didn't get any response to my email (bug description), not even a receipt notification let alone a ticket. So there is no way for me to tell if my message got through or if a new (possibly bugfixed) driver is even in development. Not very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by CSF@ROG View Post
    I already have, and here is the funny part: I didn't get any response to my email (bug description), not even a receipt notification let alone a ticket. So there is no way for me to tell if my message got through or if a new (possibly bugfixed) driver is even in development. Not very appealing.

They are read. You won't get a response as it's set up as an inbox only. It's not a response "support" inbox. It's a bug report box. If you want to go through support tickets then the only way to do that is contact ASUS Support for your region.

I just suggest what I do as that's how the system is set up for feedback.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The DAC sections for the headphone output and the rear speaker outputs are completely separate on the card and two different chipsets are used AFAIK (C-MEDIA and REALTEK). The volume control will be tied back to the chipset in question and won't have hardware embedded to control both.
    About that, the realtek chipset is there to handle the microphone input, nothing else. The outputs are processed by C-Media chip, then sent to appropriate DACs (there are three of those, one for stereo, one for headphones, and one for surround channels). The volume control on the knob is a purely software gimmick that controls the windows volume slider.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    About that, the realtek chipset is there to handle the microphone input, nothing else. The outputs are processed by C-Media chip, then sent to appropriate DACs (there are three of those, one for stereo, one for headphones, and one for surround channels). The volume control on the knob is a purely software gimmick that controls the windows volume slider.
    It still has to have a hardware input at the chipset - can't work without it. How many IOs that can be tied back to can be limited by software (C-Media driver package, not coded by ASUS) and internally in the hardware.

As I said earlier, if you want it, ask for it by submitting an email to the Xonar team on the supplied address. Doesn't mean you'll get it for sure - just depends what is possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast