cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fix for stability issues (asus DC2 possibly the dc2t aswell)

inu66
Level 7
you all know the little switch next to the crossfire connectors on the pcb? well turns out it can be a magic fix for stability issues (no idea why it works really)
turn your computer off
flip the switch
start it up again
then turn off your computer
flip it back
and you will have (hopefully) no more issues. 😄 i myself have had no issues since ive done this and i talked to someone else having issues and suggested it, they did it and got the same results no more issues. so its worth a shot and if it doesnt work for you, it does not really do anything other than switch between dvi and dvi-d modes so you dont really have anything to lose in trying it. but if it works you have a whole lot to gain.
7 REPLIES 7

SentineL_VDXi
Level 7
Hi,

Hey do you know what it's the real function of that switch?

thanks!
ASUS Products: Maximus X Formula - RT-AC87U/AC88U

lenehan
Level 10
Bios switch. For 7970 DCU II you need to push the bios switch up for support of 120Hz monitor with Dual Link cable.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Thanks! As I'm using it with only one display, didn't realize it was for that.
I thought it was an alternative BIOS config profile you could use 😛

SentineL_VDXi wrote:
Thanks! As I'm using it with only one display, didn't realize it was for that.
I thought it was an alternative BIOS config profile you could use 😛

In case some thing happen to your bios 1, you still have another bios to switch it to.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

And how do I switch between BIOS on the board?

lenehan
Level 10
There is a switch on top of the card (very small) Just glide the switch to left or righ. If you look at the card now in your system, switch to the left is bios 1 (support 120Hz LED monitor) and switch to the righ is bios 2 support 60Hz monitor.

Great, I'll check it when I get home (At work now :P)

Thanks!