cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX multiple monitors

frito91
Level 7
I have a G74SX laptop w/ a DVI & VGA port. I bought 2 Asus VW246H monitors from newegg.com. The goal was to have a 3 monitor setup with one of the monitors hooked up to the G74SX: one monitor on the left, the laptop monitor in the middle & the other monitor on the right. I connected one monitor to the VGA & the other to an HDMI but that was unsuccessful. I've looked online and found out, much to my dismay, that you have to choose btwn using the VGA or the HDMI not both. Does anyone know of a way to connect 2 external monitors? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Use a USB->VGA adapter. They ~$50 on newegg.com. Keep in mind, though, that they are separate video cards without hardware acceleration, so they hit the CPU and cannot play games. If all you want to do is edit documents, they are not too bad. You can have up to 6! of those attached to your computer in addition to the internal panel and the HDMI/VGA monitor. Hope this works!
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Use a USB->VGA adapter. They ~$50 on newegg.com. Keep in mind, though, that they are separate video cards without hardware acceleration, so they hit the CPU and cannot play games. If all you want to do is edit documents, they are not too bad. You can have up to 6! of those attached to your computer in addition to the internal panel and the HDMI/VGA monitor. Hope this works!

Hello Zygomorphic,

up to 6 displays?? wouldn't you mind explain how I can hook up 6 monitors to my g74sx 3d notebook please?

Cheers
Pizzazz