cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xoticpc already deletes asus live update?

mr_blue
Level 7
I just received my G75 rs72 today and I was going through my checklist of things to do and I could not find the Asus Live Update Utility anywhere. So I am curious to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. Or maybe I am just dumb and am looking in the wrong place.
G75vw-rs72
8 REPLIES 8

ChoaticRobotic
Level 7
I got mine from them too and they deleted all the asus bloatware, I didn't even pay for that service. I think they also deleted the factory default backup, check if they did it to you too.

ChoaticRobotic wrote:
I got mine from them too and they deleted all the asus bloatware, I didn't even pay for that service. I think they also deleted the factory default backup, check if they did it to you too.

From the looks of it they did delete most of the bloatware and the default backup. I did not actually realize how much there was until I looked up what bloatware it comes with. I guess it saves me some time.
G75vw-rs72

X-ROG
Level 15
If they removed the factory backup that's an issue as F9 won't work. I hope they still give you recovery discs or something.

Does everything work out the box without the ASUS stuff? You'll need the ATK package at least afaik.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
If they removed the factory backup that's an issue as F9 won't work. I hope they still give you recovery discs or something.

Does everything work out the box without the ASUS stuff? You'll need the ATK package at least afaik.

Yea, they kept the ATK package for the function keys. Everything seems to be working fine as of right now... I guess i'll hope for the best in the next few weeks to see if everything is still running good. And no I did not get any recovery disks.
G75vw-rs72

ChoaticRobotic
Level 7
I didn't get any recovery discs either. Runs good though!

Woots
Level 11
If you guys don't get a backup you can always using a cloning backup tool which will give you greater and cleaner control ultimately anyway.

I highly recommend you backup an image early into the life of your clean OS install that way if you need to recover in the future, you can recover in as "pristine" of an OS state as possible.

My personal favorite the last couple years has been Acronis True Image
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Here is a site listing their picks for top 10 image backup softwares.
http://disk-imaging-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

If money is a little tight you can use the windows built in tool as a last case backup.
This is the method here
http://www.howtogeek.com/?post_type=post&p=4241
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

dstrakele
Level 14
You can also use Windows Backup & Restore to backup your current Windows System Image. That may be used if you need to completely restore Windows.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Holy
Level 7
i actualy got one of the first g75 out from them. i still have my recovery part ion. but don't have the bloakware.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II