cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worthless Laptop?

Mirage
Level 7
So I've had my laptop (g73sw) repaired.. I think 3? or 4? times now, the first was for a GPU failure within a month of bought, and the second was due to black screen boots and occasional hard-reboots which I am still not sure if its fixed yet, and now barely a month after the last repair the ethernet is completely defunct.

Fail to perform MAC loopback action.
Fail to perform PHY Loopback action.
Resource conflicts with other device.
FIFO buffers test fail.

Is it just me or is ASUS just getting terrible?
16 REPLIES 16

xeromist
Makes me wonder if maybe there is a problem with your mainboard which is causing multiple issues. I wouldn't say it's worthless just yet but it's definitely frustrating to have this many issues.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I don't even want to bother trying to send it back because then I have to deal with useless morons opening my laptop, doing nothing (Or worse, replacing a hard drive that wasn't having any issues as dictated by SMART or otherwise) and then sending it back to me with more bull**** scribbled on the paper, on the other hand it would help to abuse the warranty and make them lose more money. 😐

xeromist
It's up to you. If you don't say anything then they will assume that everything is OK and you'll never have satisfaction. *shrug*

Also, I don't consider it abuse of the warranty to send it in for legitimate problems. That's exactly what the warranty is for.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Its a shame that it wasn't fixed already, considering that I had actually very kindly written down what the likely cause was and all, and exactly what was going on and the repair techs don't seem to actually listen to anything written on that RMA sheet, and why I'd rather not send it right now is because I can live for the time being without ethernet and I've got a programming gig going right now that I need to get done and its been delayed several times already due to the past attempts to get it repaired (Though I learned after the first time they sent it back without fixing it better, I bought a 3 TB external and now using acronis to do constant system backups so if they do, do something retarded like reformat it for no reason I can restore it easily =/)

Dark
Level 9
Just tell Asus to replace the laptop its broken down far to much now. Or they should replace the motherboard try phoning them direct its much faster and ask for a replacement don't be fooled by Asus they are millionairs for crying out loud.
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

I already tried that in the last RMA, they cleaned the fans and replaced a perfectly good HD (Funny enough the 2nd one was the only one showing wear via reallocated sectors)

Dark
Level 9
Lol be ferm with them it works. I have had dealings myself and I just told em that I was pissed off with there crap and lol they sent me a better graphics card. Only took them 3 weeks
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

By your signature I'd guess you have a desktop board, so they could obviously do that? I don't think they'd be able to upgrade my GPU on a laptop like that, nore would they I'd think. At this point I'd be pissed off if it takes a 4th/5th RMA to get my laptop back to working order with only a year of its life having elapsed, happy would be getting a flippant g74 or something as a replacement.

Dark
Level 9
Lol you could send it them and tell them not to send it back till its 100% fixed. My point being if you talk softly to them they do bog all be blunt say how it is they should replace the laptop money is nothing to them.

Your just chasing numbers and dealing with it wrong.

Eg Asus will replace it only if you are persistent with them hiding away is no option when it comes down to a company like asus. It's same with Microsoft they have workers if your not direct they can't fix it.

Rules one you should keep all the rma forms for future use.
Always save emails between you and asus this making it much faster to deal with the problem.
You said this is your 3rd rma demand a replacement laptop. They can't refuse you. All there products are insured.

If all fails ask to speak to a direct manager tell them that's its broken down three times even send the emails if you need to also keep photos this is a great way of showing proof. Even if asus are at folt.

Never be fooled by them saying its fixed always ask for a copy of the work what's been done most times mainly with laptops the gpu fails and all they do is add fermal paste to it. Then yeah they send it back without testing.
Asus will only do easy fixes that don't last long. Ask or demand for exstended warranty. They should be ok with this it may even have a small cost.

In end they need to get off there assess and deal with your problem if your not blunt its not going to be fixed and will just keep breaking down.
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz