cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard brand/model?

Retired
Not applicable
Hello, I was attempting to add more memory to my g73 last night....unfortunately Best buy put the 3rd stick in the slot where you have to take off the display hinge/keyboard/part of the case....along the way, I accidently broke off the speaker connection from the MB rather than the connection itself.

I installed the memory, and isolated the speaker connection and put the laptop back together, but now it won't even post (I enabled the post sound in bios earlier and it doesn't make it), screen also doesn't work, either the lcd or hdmi output. The system gets power..fans work and the numlock/capslock/top-left leds are lit. I think my motherboard may be fried, but this is beyond my capabilities to diagnose or repair, so I'm going to take it to a computer repair shop to find out what is broken.

Does anyone know what the make/model of the motherboard is? If there is a better alternative I could get another MB and a copy of windows7 and get everything put together right?

Luckily I backed up all my data a few days ago, but I really don't want to have to buy a whole new system, if at all possible. Thank you very much.
0 REPLIES 0