cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G74SX F9 Restore Not Working

JoeYoshi
Level 7
Hey all,

I'm looking to sell my G74SX and upgrade to the G75.

I am wanting to restore it to factory for my own personal safety as well as the satisfaction of whoever does purchase it, however when I go to start the recovery partition using F9 at POST, it doesn't work and brings me to the Windows Boot Manager screen instead.

I know the Recovery Partition is still there and functioning as the Disk Manager lists it in the main Disk 0 section along with my other 2 partitions.

I know I can just do the recovery disk thing, but I would much prefer to get this working instead.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

dstrakele
Level 14
If I had to guess, I'd say your hidden ASUS Factory Recovery partition is corrupted in some fashion, so that F9 just gives you the option to boot from DISK 1 of the Recovery DVD's.

If you've spammed that F9 key at the ASUS splash screen on several restarts and can't get different results, you may need to choose that option, OR use some partitioning software to securely wipe the drive, then perform a clean Windows 7 installation, as discussed in http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds or elsewhere in this forum.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT