cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW webcam

xmanrigger
Level 12
I have gone into Device Manager numerous times to disable the G75VW's webcam. Every time I turn around and look, the webcam has been enabled somehow. I had several laptops before and once I disabled their webcams in Device Manager, they stayed disabled.

Short of trying to uninstall drivers for it and whatever other greif involved, how do I disable the webcam? Reason being is I use an external USB webcam. I dont want to uninstall the onboard cam, as I may need it at some point.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil
10 REPLIES 10

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Are you saying the onboard webcam is ALWAYS on, or turns back on as soon as you turn it off?
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

dstrakele
Level 14
See if you can lock it in the BIOS. Then you can just unlock it if you need to use it.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Angrybrit
Level 7
It's probably a RAT, aka remote administration tool id run a viruscan if i were you.

waynes26
Level 7
There is no way i found to lock the web can in the BIOS. Did i miss something?????
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:
There is no way i found to lock the web can in the BIOS. Did i miss something?????

No, you didnt miss anything, unless I did also. Nowhere in the BIOS to disable it. And ya, still being enabled somehow. Ran virus scan with NIS and nothing found. Lackluster BIOS to say the least. Wayne, are you having the same problem?

As I stated before in this forum, I am very disappointed with the G75VW. This is the last Asus laptop I buy. I have seen nothing yet that sets this lappy apart from any other. I still am wondering how it managed to garner the ROG designation.

Before all the fanboys pipe-up, it was my $1500 that bought this pile, not yours. I have every right to come here and bitch and whine about it. This isnt the only issue with it. VGA support is non-existent.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

Well, this is pretty bad. I have to go to another forum to solve a ROG issue? Thanks for the support ASUS - NOT. The webcam can be disabled via power4gear. Appreciated. This forum has been 0 for 4 with ROG issues I have presented here. Yup, as I said before, this seems to be more of a fanboy club than a tech forum. Way to go ASUS. I think I will just stick with your mobos and the regular ASUS forums, and go back to DELL lappys.

Thanks for nothing,
'rigger

waynes26
Level 7
You sorted it out, thats great. I did not know how to turn it off either.

If this was covered in the "books that came with the laptop then you would have been able to sort it out much earlier.

Is it just me or do others have the ####'s with the lack of information.

I also have a Rampage III MB in my desktop, at least it came with a manual both electronic and written and it covered the BIOS and other software that came with the disks.

I can not believe that ASUS its not responding, yes I'm one of the lucky ones (there must be heaps) that do not have issues with the hardware.

BUT COME ON ASUS GIVE AS THE INFORMATION.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

How did you manage to enable the camera? I still cannot get any other application to acknowledge it's there...

Thanks

Do you have the Asus Virtual Camera installed? that is the driver for the camera.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro