cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jw RMA

bytor
Level 7
I have G73jw that will not power up. For the past few days the screen would flicker when the brightness was lowered. And today it shut down and also the power adapter will has no power either. I called ASUS and received a RMA.

I packed the PC extremely well and i consider this machine to be in mint condition except for the current issues. My question is will my PC return in the same condition with the same care in packing? i do not have any experience with returns to ASUS so just curious on any input.
21 REPLIES 21

dstrakele
Level 14
As Forrest Gump once said "An RMA returned from ASUS is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get...". Sometimes, as reported in a thread in this forum, you receive someone else's laptop!

I recommend you PM Mason@ASUS and/or cl-scott on this forum with your RMA info, so they can check everything runs smoothly.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Thanks for the advise. I hope all goes good i love this machine..:cool:

Well I talked with ASUS and here is what happened so far. I was given an RMA and a shipping label. I packed my PC and was about to ship. I then get a e-mail saying they would like to get a hold of me. After talking with them they informed me that i am out of warranty.

I purchased this machine from xoticpc march 6 2011. The guy from ASUS has told me that i have a 1 year warranty. I told him that i have a 1 year accidental spill and drop warranty and a 2 year factory warranty. I told him that it is even shown on ASUS web site here http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G73Jw/#specifications . He agrees that it says that on the web site but his record say that i am out of warranty.

I cannot believe that i paid $1500 for a PC that i never used for gaming. Never tweaked it, I used it for a desktop replacement and now it is completely dead and they will not honor the warranty on there own site.

I based my purchase decision from there web site which then lead me to xoticpc. This is flat out fraud.

I need to know what my next options are.

dstrakele
Level 14
Your next option is to PM Mason@ASUS and/or cl-scott to see if they can help you.

Next time you call them. Make sure you get the name of the person you are talking to. Where they are based and what department they work for, Ask them for proof from the system that states when the warranty ran out. If you have your original sales invoice make sure you have that available aswell. If indeed the machine does have a two year warranty then you wont have anything to worry about. Most important things to remember is to not give up. Dont let them fob you off. Demand proof
also as has been said contact Mason@asus

n3tninja
Level 9
PM Mason@ASUS because he is Jesus.
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

n3tninja wrote:
PM Mason@ASUS because he is Jesus.

Not really... Jesus was good at raising folks from the dead, but recent translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls indicate he failed miserably at RMA issues.

n3tninja
Level 9
So, who's the new Jesus then :c !
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

thanks guys i will give this a try.