Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Maximus V Gene Q-Code 40

I just installed this board less than 5 days ago. Everything is running fine that I can see.
    My bios version is 0903
    I just so happen to see the Q code LED has the number 40 on it. I looked it up in the manual but it is a bit confusing. I don't have any issues that I can see. Should I be worried? I don't overclock . I run everything on stock settings.

Asus Maximus V Gene
    i7 3770k intel processor
    Gskill 8G (2x4) 1600 Ram
    WD Cavilar Blue 250GB hard driver
    GTS 250 1G graphics card

Thanks so much.

P/S: I just wanted to add that I got that code when I start PC by power buttons. Then, I restarted the pc and now I have a code AO. Any reason why it does that? Also my power supply is a Seasonic 500W.
    Last edited by Y.S.C; 07-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

AO is as it should be. That indicates that the POST process has handed over to AHCI, in other words handed over to the Operating System.

And for your information.

40 - OEM post memory initialization codes

I suspect that you only saw the 40 Q-code the first time. once your memory was trained this would not be displayed again.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

I saw Q-Code 40 during use without rebooting and I don't have any issues that I can see. I think
    debugs LED fails, because the 40 looks like A0.

Sorry, my english too bad.

Your English is much better than me trying to write in your home language I promise you.

Ah I understand 40 is close to A0 Thank you.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i just saw this code on my unit because i have no side panel windows and when i inspect i see this code, should i be worry?i have no problems encounter but i think it should be A0 if im not wrong, i'm booting using Windows 8 and my specs is

i7 3770k
    Maximus V Gene
    16gb Crucial Ballistix Elite
    Asus GTX 660ti
    120gb SSD

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Hartacus's Avatar

I had AA on my Crosshair. Sometime after installing Windows 8 (not sure when) I'm getting Q code 40. I'm wondering if 40 has something to do with Windows 8? None of my hardware or setting s have changed.

this is q-code 40 display on Windows 8 and not the typical A0 code,

Windows 8's resume-from-hibernation algorithm is multi-core optimized. Windows 8 also introduces a Hybrid Boot feature. When users select the Shut Down option, it hibernates the computer, but closes all programs and logs out the user session before hibernating.
    from wikipedia.org

so if you want to show A0 on your next boot, just press shift + shutdown when turning off you computer.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0 | Corsair H60 | Maximus V Gene | 4gb x 4 Crucial Ballistix Elite | Asus GTX 660ti TOP | Corsair Force GT 120gb | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Seasonic x-660 | Fractal Design Define Mini |

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Q-Code A0 is nothing but hand over control to the OS...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I now see Q-code 40 on my MB too. Presumably it is fine?

Yes it is fine, assuming you are running a newish motherboard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast