cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello New Owner (?'s}

citizensnips
Level 7
Got my 53 two days ago and it performs better than expected. CSS runs great and I've been downloading off Steam like a mad man. Anyways, I've noticed a few problems that I'm sure have an easy solution, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix them myself.

#1 Keys don't light up. I tried Fn+f4 and that worked yesterday, but not anymore.

#2 I downloaded an ROG wallpaper and saved it to My Pictures, but when I boot up it displays the default one or an all white one.

#3 Updates. When I shut off my computer it says, " Please do not power off installing one of one update" every single time. Usually takes five minutes and I'm afraid to close the screen because I don't want undesirable effects.

If you have any info. I'd greatly appreciate it along with other tips and tricks that make the laptop either perform better. Such as: certain botware to uninstall, unnecessary programs, etc. And, if anyone wants to play some source/gmod lmk.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
Have you updated your Bios yet? The latest is v. 210, so you should do that first. I had the same problem with the lights, but after the bios update it worked fine - so I assume that's what fixed it, unless it was just luck. 😉

The updates you see is Windows upgrading the OS in the background. You can turn off automatic updating if you don't want it to do that - but it will stop once the system is fully updated.

Have you tried playing any Blu-Ray discs yet? Just wondering. I also just got my G53 and at this point it's looking like the Blu-ray lens is DOA.

citizensnips
Level 7
Ah thanks I'll give that a shot. No haven't tried Blu Ray yet, where did you order yours from? I got mine on Amazon

edit- sorry to hear about that hope it gets fixed

Retired
Not applicable
citizensnips wrote:
Ah thanks I'll give that a shot. No haven't tried Blu Ray yet, where did you order yours from? I got mine on Amazon

edit- sorry to hear about that hope it gets fixed

Thanks. I got mine through Amazon too - but it's Circuit City (aka Tigerdirect) who fulfills the order.

can't back up hd with AI or windows...what's the deal with that? I can play dvds but it says error cant certify dvd-r

Retired
Not applicable
were you able to fix this issue?